“in for supper and a couple of beers”
Review of Maude Hunter's Pub

Maude Hunter's Pub
Ranked #355 of 1,239 Restaurants in Victoria
Reviewed July 19, 2014

i like finding local beer in local pubs. so many good breweries in BC, no point drinking crap eh. we all very much enjoyed our meals. quality was very good, proportions were very good - except my staff special! look, i don't take pictures of this king of thing generally, but i took a picture of this: much to my wife's dismay, i ate the whole thing. (can't believe it). a very large shaved roast beef sandwich dip kind of thing with everything on it. i very much enjoyed it (burp). no problem with coming back here.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Biggest problem is the lack of parking, but this is not really the pub's fault due to the strict parking regulations at the time Neighbourhood pubs first came out. There is a very tiny parking lot there which I have only ever seen full, and a vague sign pointing up the road to 'More Parking'.
The pub is upstairs, and when we arrived there was only one waitress looking after all the tables. The service was good though as she really ran and we were quickly looked after. There is a good selection of food, the quality was excellent, prices were good as were the portion sizes.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

we were very disappointed with our meals and prices. M ybhusvand ordered the steak sandwich..the steak was the size of a deck of cards..tough and no taste for $15.95..I ordered the smoked chicken burger..well was shocked when my $13.95 burger came with sliced deli chicken meat..and was tasteless..to boot I barely got to the bathroom after as I think maybe the meat was off. All in all I would rate a 000..but cant give less than a 1. This pub really needs to try harder..as it really was unacceptable for the outrageous price we paid. We will never be back. Both my husband and I wereextremely disappointed on all fronts.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Surprising to me that I write that. Yes, the best halibut ever. Hot, large portion, the best seasoning. Busy place - great waitress. Lots of stairs as the restaurant is on the second floor; washrooms and liquor store on the main floor. Parking can be a challenge so if you go a little further on Kisber Avenue you will find more.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Best pub in Victoria! Came here after recommendation from a from a friend and loved it! The wings, music, and location are all great. Also, as a former server and someone who appreciates fast and friendly service, our server Shannon (and the entire waitstaff) was really good and gave us some of the best service I've had all year. Highly recommended!