“A nice experience in a weird place”

Kwong Tung Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #843 of 1,212 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Another Chinese restaurant with a weird old atmosphere directly from 80's: not really a good start!
Also the service was weird and not really friendly, but the food was really really good.
We ordered wonton soup and Chow Main and some Buns.
All the things were tasty and the portions very plentiful; the buns were delicious with an odd aftertaste that was almost addictive!
All the prices are perfectly balanced with the offer and we were enough satisfied of the experience.
To try again, especially for the rich menu!

There are newer reviews for Kwong Tung Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Not a bad establishment; had some deep fried salt and pepper squid with steamed pork buns and a bowl of rice and they were delicious! The wait staff were pretty friendly and service was okay. One thing I don't like was climbing up all the stairs, but I guess exercise counts these days! I would highly suggest the steam pork buns, one of the best I had in a long time. Would definitely recommend this place, especially during dim sum.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the second time I've been to this restaurant for dim sum, and while the food is good, what's listed on the menu isn't always available. I like when the waiters push around little carts with food, so all you have to do is point. No worries about language barriers. At this restaurant, you order the dim sum off a menu (no pictures). Wait staff was willing to describe the menu items, which I appreciate, but after we ordered, it was very hard to get the attention of the servers.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Avoid at all cost!
Overpriced + Under-delivered.

The BIG neon sign outside says "Shanghai City"
Restaurant is upstairs on the second floor.

I live in Vancouver, BC. Absolutely love various types of Chinese cuisine. Tend to be very easy going.

Ordered two dishes. Beef and Gai Lan + Szechuan Scallops

These are dishes I've ordered many times before in other places and have always been happy with them.

When served, what was most surprising is how much food WAS NOT on the plates.

There were about 8 pieces of Gai Lan ($19) and 5 small slivers of beef.
Similarly, the Szechuan Scallops ($20) were thinly sliced up to disguise the few that were served with the meagre portion of vegetables.
When I brought this to the waiter's attention, he asked where I live and then proceeded to tell me some lame Bull S**t that things were "more expensive" on Vancouver Island because of shipping costs.

Absolutely no excuse to gouge, and gouge they do!

1  Thank AJW165