“Good food, good prices, English atmosphere”

James Bay Tea Room and Restaurant
Ranked #224 of 1,227 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: James Bay
Reviewed September 27, 2013

New management/owners are making this a restaurant with a good traditional English lunch menu and reasonable prices. Good location to get away from the Inner Harbor crowds. Avoid the noon hour and 7-8:30 breakfast time. It is small and usually has one waitress. Well worth a visit if you are in the Inner Harbour area.

1  Thank BudgetTraveler01

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Coming from an English back ground, I'm ashamed to say that I have never been to a tea room before. A friend of mine suggested that I stop by try it out. I loved it!! It reminded me of the times my mom and I would go and visit with my great grandmother, right down to the tea cozies and cups and saucers. I will definitely be coming again next time I'm in town

1  Thank Tinavc
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently went to the James bay tea room while I was in town on vacation and I was very excited to try afternoon tea. The scones where amazing and the staff where very friendly. I also got to meet the new owner who was very friendly and was telling me about the renovations and grand opening next month. I can't wait to go back and see all the changes. Definitely a great place for afternoon tea

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Whilst visiting Victoria for a few days, we came upon this very pleasant restaurant just up from the inner harbour. We had lunch which was extremely good. Food was hot, tasty and service was excellent. Staff were very attentive and pleasant. Descent price as well. I was told that the restaurant will shortly be redecorated as new owners had recently taken over. We will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We found this restaurant when we were just walking around the downtown Victoria area. It is in the nice area of James Bay and seemed to be a favorite place for locals. Inside, it is a cafe with lots of British memorabilia on the walls that makes it fun to look around. We went for breakfast and really enjoyed the homemade scones for that day: fresh and great flavor. The pancakes with OK and my eggs were quite good. The coffee was standard but they had good choices for tea, not surprising. We really liked the service and the people who served us: very personable, good conversations, and just nice folks.