“Nice atmosphere, friendly service”
Review of Earls

Earls
Reserve with OpenTable
Earls is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 1,196 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice atmosphere, friendly service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Earls is our old standby when we are looking for consistently good food at a reasonable price. Brie sandwich, noodle dishes, burgers, quesadillas and salads are on offer. While this particular location had the usual menu items found at other Earls, the decor was modern and spacious which gave it a little more flair. It is ideally located downtown in Victoria and perfect for stopping in at any time of the day for good food. I only had two criticisms. First, there are TVs everywhere in the front of the restaurant and they are loud! I am not sure why our culture is at a point where we have to watch TV over the shoulder of our dinner companions while eating a meal. Nevertheless, ask for a table at the back if you don't want the distraction of a hockey game while you are trying to have a visit. I would also say that everything seemed to have pepper on it even if you don't ask for it. In fact my burger and salad was somewhat inedible due to the over abundance of pepper. So be sure to mention "no pepper" if you are not a fan. My dinner companions, were, however very happy with their brie sandwiches. I must also say that our server was exceptional. It was one of the few times a server looked me in the eye, said thank you and I felt that the tip was really appreciated rather than expected. A nice finish to an overall enjoyable meal.

• Visited February 2013

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Always reliable”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Freshly prepared food, a pleasant ambiance and efficient service has made Earls what it is today. The menu selections, from nibbles to main courses - and desserts to satisfy the sweetest tooth, are well complimented by the beverage options.
One little issue is the mark up on some of the wines. As an example, I selected a bottle of 'Three winds' Syrah from Languedoc at $39.00. I liked it so much, I went looking for it in a wine store. it was $13.99 ! And that's retail.

Visited January 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Open late, not very good”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice atmosphere, good service. It is nice that they are open late for eating not a lot of places in Victoria are. However the food is too salty, the drinks are made with cheap tasting ingredients.

Visited November 2012
Vancouver
“Another "no" gift certificate honouring”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had some gift certificates - they arbitrarily declared them "expired" despite having no expiry date on them. In the U.S. they are trying to make this kind of thing, obviously, illegal. U.S. customers should beware at this location.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bill R
Tacoma, Washington
“So delicious!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I ate here on a Saturday early evening. There wasn't much of a crowd, since it was still early, and the ambiance was nice- lower lights, music, and football on TV in the bars. The server was friendly and perky but not annoying. Drinks were strong and tasty! My fiancé had a pizza and I had the chicken and Brie sandwich, a baked chicken with melted Brie, fig paste, apples, a unique combination that was absolutely wonderful. Best yam fries ever! It was about 50$ before the tip, for both of us, which includes drinks.