“Fabulous”

minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My Fiance and I went here on our first night in Victoria. It was a Friday night and there was two hour wait but we got lucky as some folks left the bar so the owner came outside as we were leaving and told us the good news. The bartender was very helpful with recommendations. We had the mussels, trout, olives, and one of the figs. It was one of our favorite meals while on our honeymoon. The bartender was also helpful in tips on other restaurants to try in town. We went to Camilles and to Jam Cafe based on his recommendations and were very glad we did. Great first impression of Victoria! thanks Mike and Jess

• Visited April 2013

“Best meal in Victoria”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I was recently in Victoria for business and my spouse came along with me. We used tripadvisor and yelp to find.places to eat. The best meal we had all week was at Brassiere L'ecole. we also ate at Camille's, Ferris's and at the Noodle House in Chinatown.
Right from the start we were greeted by a happy, excited host who made us feel welcome. Our server had a big smile for us, happily answered questions about the menu and Belgian beer list and then left us to enjoy our meal once our food arrived.
The feel of the place was great, wonderful French music was playing. It is the kind of place that was not upright at all and everone appeared to be having a great time.

• Visited April 2013
“Nothing special”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Hostess was really nice as well as our waitress. They were very attentive to our table. The reason for the not so good review is solely due to the food. It really was not anything special. Mind you - we didn't try any of the meat items so maybe they were good!

3 Thank Underground2000
Victoria, Canada
“Pretty good”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had the halibut special, my husband had the steak and frites. It's not often we get a romantic night out away from the kids so on this rare occasion (when the inlaws came to town) we wanted to go somewhere special and SPLURGE. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't cheap. Probably due to the fact that my hubby ordered an $85 bottle of the Chateau L'Argilus Du Roi (did I spell that correctly??) because he is a wine snob and loves a good french Bordeaux. Me myself, I'm not sure that it was worth the money they were asking (tasted to me like a good 25 dollar bottle, but hey, 300 per cent mark up, am I right?) I was just happy to feel like lifestyles of the mediocrely well off and not-so-much-famous. My halibut was cooked to perfection and came on a bed of tasty lentls and my husbands steak he said was very tasty... however for the price we paid it really could have used some greenery or even a garnish? I was slightly to moderatly dissappointed with the plate presentation given the cost of the meals. Really there are a lot of good places in town to eat halibut or steak and french fries for half the price or less. Overall our server was sweet and attentive without being overbearing, the ambiance is lovely, and the food is good but possibly overpriced for what you get. I think I've been more impressed by restaurants with more humble attitudes in this city but that's just me. Nice for date-night (and defintiely have the seared scallops or mussels if they are serving them, they were fabulous).

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jenna M
Burnaby
“Great Food.. Manager Kevin was great!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Couldnt have asked for better food or service. Would eat here again. Food was rich and delicious. Liked all the food

Visited February 2013