“Who does not know Barb's Place Fish and Chips?”

Barb's Fish and Chips
Ranked #26 of 1,212 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Barb's is a quaint seaside seafood restaurant floating at the bustling Fisherman's Wharf in the inner harbor of Victoria, BC. Be prepared to be entertained by our energetic harbor environment while pleasantly satisfying your appetite.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very neat seafood restaurant right in the harbor. Really good fish and chips. Be prepared for long lines ups but it is worth the wait. Definitely a restaurant to visit on your trip to Victoria.

IanPoyntz, Owner at Barb's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Good Morning:

Glad to hear that you enjoy our floating corner of Fisherman's Wharf. Next year we start our 29th year and we hope to see you back again. We are working to shorten the wait time and will have new pagers in 2013 to let you know when your food is ready. Seasons greetings!

There are newer reviews for Barb's Fish and Chips

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had heard so much about this restaurant at Fisherman's Wharf, that just had to try it. As I am from Scotland & a 'connoisseur' of Fish 'n' Chips, I was very disappointed in their Fare. Just 2 days ago, I had eaten Fish & Chips in a place called C-Lovers, which is on the Mainland, in Coquitlam, a suburb of Vancouver. Their Fish & Chips were excellent!! So maybe I had been spoiled, as Barb's place did not come close. It was greasy & their batter was doughy!!

1  Thank Grandmo
IanPoyntz, Owner at Barb's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Good Day:

I am sorry you were disappointed with the Fish & Chips you had at Fisherman's Wharf. Unfortunately, we closed for the season Oct. 28th so I think you must have eaten at the Fish Store next door which specializes in selling fresh raw fish to take home and enjoy.

I am sure a Scott would know fish and chips well and I invite you to try our fish and chips when we open the latter part of March. Our season is Mid-March to the end of October each year. I would be grateful if you would revise your Trip Advisor review to reflect the business that you ate your meal at.

Many thanks, Ian

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I'm a local and this is out of my way, but well worth it. fabulous batter, excellent staff and everything is fresher than fresh!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We come here a couple times each summer. It's always tasty. On a sunny day, expect a long line up & a wait for your food. It's worth it, but if you have hungry cranky kids with you, maybe bring a snack.

IanPoyntz, Owner at Barb's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your patronage. We always get a charge out of seeing familiar faces. We are working to find ways to make the wait time shorter. Our pagers are designed to let you walk around and forget the time -) At least it will seem shorter. Look forward to seeing you in the new year. Seasons greetings to your family.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Take the ferry from the causaway to Barb's. Always a line-up. Plenty of battered sea-food and ketchup. Not gourmay but it is all fun. Seals pop out of the water for tid-bits. The boat house community is fun and "hippyish" Grandkids love it.