“Art Gallery too!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 10, 2014

It has been a very long time since last visit. Enjoyed a jug of beer and wings while sitting on the outside covered deck. The jug was a much better deal than buying by the pint. Wings were good, other food people ordered around us looked equally as good. Not only does this place have character but it has a great art collection to look at and appreciate: mostly Native carvings and prints with a few contemporary pieces. Service was fine. A good place!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Nice brewpub with good beer and friendly wait staff. However, we were disappointed when we returned there for dinner. I seldom send back food, but I did send back the sautéed salmon that was dry as a bone. They happily brought me fish and chips which was just OK. Go for the beer, but expect pub-grub.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have been to Swans Brewpub a number of times over the past 12 years since I started visiting Victoria, and it quickly became a tradition for me to come here the same day I arrive in Victoria. I have carried out this tradition for 6 different visits to Victoria, and with good reason: This place is awesome!

The food is totally adequate for a pub. I usually order the halibut burger and it's always delicious. Their pizzas are also better than you'll get in a lot of the trendy pizzerias you'll find. I recommend the Fan Tan pizza, it's excellent.

But of course, the main event here is the beer, and it does not disappoint. A great selection of beers brewed on premises, including a fantastic Oatmeal Stout, Scotch Ale, and if you like fruity beers, a raspberry beer that even I like (and I don't like fruity beers). The best part is, the beer is cheap! There are daily specials like jugs for $12 or select pints for $4. They also have other daily specials, I believe there's a day for wine and another day for cheap Caesars. Whichever day you come, there is a great deal available, and even the regular prices are quite reasonable.

The service is always good, the girls working here are always classy and friendly. And if live music is your thing, they have it every night. I kind of wish they didn't because I like to have a quieter pub most of the time, but the bands that play here are very good, especially if you like blues, jazz and rock. A lot of people come here and dance the night away and clearly have a blast doing it.

You can't lose with Swans. I will be carrying out my tradition of going there for as long as I visit Victoria. Thank you!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The food is OK. I love the seafood chowder. Their sandwiches are OK. The duck burger is good. But you go to a brewpub for the beer, which this place does very well. The Berry ale is amazing, Appleton Brown Ale is very good, and the Riley Scotch Ale is fantastic. We stop here everytime we're in Victoria and a great place to go with friends.

1  Thank BrWayne
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Swan's is part of the history of Victoria. It's in a lovely old building right down by the water, across from the Johnson Street bridge. The glass-enclosed patio is perfect for people-watching as you sip your local brew, and the flower baskets and boxes add colour and flair. The food is good too - I had the clam chowder and it was fantastic, and my friend loved the fish and chips. Live music in the evening brings in a younger crowd, but both day and night the place is popular and usually crowded.