“Exemplary experience!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Our family convened in Victoria for the memorial service of a loved one, on Saturday, January 18th, 2014. We booked the entire back dining room of the restaurant for about 40 of us and we were treated to outstanding service and a flawless meal! The freshness of the local-only ingredients used was distinctly palatable and exquisite (the lamb was particularly scrumptious)! The staff took excellent care of our boisterous group and no one had a single complaint as we wined & dined into the wee hours!

1  Thank TJ W

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Live Jazz music advertised from 7-10, our reservation was made for 8. "entertained" by a Guitar player for 23 minutes and he left. Our meal including a bottle wine was nearly $300! Way too expensive for an ordinary meal.

1  Thank Harold W
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had an excellent time at Camille's. The service was very friendly and efficient. Its a very cosy place but i found our table a wee bit darker than i liked ( I think its me, as my wife calls it " ambiance". ) The food was excellent. We ordered lamb and sable fish. It was cooked " just right".
It was brought to my attention by the hotel concierge, that this was a very " romantic" restaurant.
OK, the above comment about the lighting, yes, its me.
An excellent dining experience.

2  Thank Ba11istic
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We dined at Camille's upon a recommendation from Urbanspoon. Not to diminish other diners' experiences, but with the exception of the friendly service, our experience was simply off the mark for the entire meal. The bread course (often the first mark of a restaurant's chops) was a pale, doughy bun with a paultry pad of whipped butter. Delicate squash ravioli arrived lukewarm and the proscuitto-wrapped trout main course remained raw in the centre even after being sent back to the kitchen. What frustrated me further about the trout dish was that the one good thing about it-- the lovely veg accompaniment -- was oddly replaced by pickled veg when it came back from the kitchen the second time. I have to forgiving and believe the kitchen was having an off night. Even still, I'm afraid we won't be returning to Camille's.

1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We decided to try the tasting menu: $60 for 4 courses. The food is very local West-Coast cuisine, with high-quality organic products and inventive twists. I have a huge list of foods I can't eat due to a drug interaction and it was no problem. The chef made small changes to my plates and it still was balanced, attractive, tasty, and a great value for the money. My only complaint was that it seemed a long time between courses. The waitstaff were very attentive and knowledgeable. One young lady was in training as a sommelier and was very helpful. The room is cozy, with maybe a dozen tables, but there is another space in back that was not in use (this was midweek).

1  Thank wyshful