“A Gem of a restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very friendly atmosphere. Good food. We liked the way our waitress, Julia, explained each ingredient on our plate. My order of mussels were already shelled, but it was served on an edible shell which I enjoyed. The seafood salad had more seafood than green. The seafood variety were fresh. The pea soup we ordered was served on a soup bowl with just the pork hock. The soup was placed in a teapot then poured around the pork hock...very fancy.
Overall, it was a fun dinner with delicious food and good service. We will be back to Camille's next time we are in Victoria.

1  Thank knoller70

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food was elegant. It had the presentation of a French restaurant with the West Coast taste. According to one of the owners, Jamie, the menu changes depending on what's in season. I ordered the mussels appetizer, the shells were already removed, but the chef/owner, Stephan, created an edible shell. I also ordered the seafood salad. Wow, more fresh seafood than greens, that I really enjoyed. A friend ordered the steak and it came with pickled strawberries on the side. The pea soup was different. The order came on a soup bowl with a big chunk of pork hock. I thought they made a mistake on the order because my husband ordered soup..but the soup came in a teapot. Our server, Julia, poured the pea soup in circle around the pork hock. My husband made me try the pork hock..very delicious. Next time we are in Victoria, we will definitely go back to Camille's. We won't miss it.

1  Thank knoller1970
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We celebrated an anniversary there last weekend. We each had a glass of wine, an entree, and a dessert...while prices are certainly higher here, we also felt we had a unique experience. Not sure I'd have been as satisfied with the value had we not had a private table in a little alcove for some privacy. But the overall atmosphere---candlelit in the basement---was a nice setting for us. Food was fantastic, budget wine selections available, service very friendly and accomodating. We'd return there if in Victoria...

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Cozy and intimate restaurant. My fiancé took me for a nice anniversary dinner and I was very pleased with his selection. The menu is rather small but they have something for different tastes. Food very fresh, (we both have seafood). Staff very attentive and I felt pampered! Reservations are strongly suggested.

1  Thank landscapechaser
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This lovely restaurant will never disappoint you...the food, service, ambiance are all AAA. The food is local, organic, fresh and in season; with many interesting layering of flavours. The wine we chose paired well, thanks to the recommendation from the friendly knowledgeable server. Camille's made us feel special. Thank you!

1  Thank SeahorseRides