“The finest meal in my life”
Review of Camille's Fine Westcoast Dining - CLOSED

Camille's Fine Westcoast Dining
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've eaten in many fine restaurants in over 20 countries and this was my finest meal to date. I will return, though I don't live in Canada. The food was excellent-fresh, locally sourced, complex, subtle, flavorful. The cooking at Camille's is several levels above all the others. This is a true foodie's paradise.

2  Thank Gwen B

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We like restaurants that emphasize local farm-to-fork cuisine. And that brought us to Camille's. Made reservations, were promptly seated on time. As higher end restaurants go, Camille's is average. Food is good, but not exceptional, wine list is limited (wine cellar space issue?), the waitress friendly, but rather defensive when questioned about the food and wine.
The soups as appetizers were quite good. Main dishes were good, but the portions of protein and vegetables were über small. We split a flan for dessert, which was without any character.

For price and quality, I think there is better. Unlikely we will be returning.

3  Thank GJPort
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We consider ourselves foodies, and most importantly, we like our wine with every meal. Well, I do not know how you can have a good dining experience when the place stinks from mold and dampness (the place is in a semi basement). We had a res. for 9:00 PM, and promptly left without a word with the hostess. Instead, we went to Terazzo, which was short of amazing ... good food, fabulous atmo., vibrant crowd.

3  Thank BobTravell
Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you are looking for fine dining in Victoria this is the place. The atmosphere is intimate and the food has always been excellent with an emphasis on local/seasonal flavors. I've found the service to be excellent with the staff always very knowledgeable about the menu as well as the wine list. A truly professionally run restaurant.

1  Thank cclark72
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our server, Tracy, was warm, down-to-earth and 'real', yet professional and attentive to our needs (why does that seem like an unlikely combination, I wonder?). She certainly enhanced an already superior experience for us. The menu was truly creative in terms of non-traditional and wildly eclectic flavour combinations, it tasted fresh and was served in good time. The decor was warm and cozy, more apprpriate for fall/winter/early-spring dining than the heart of summer, but we appreciated it all the same. We started with the smoked duck and seafood salad, followed by the goose plate and beef, ending with the orange cheesecake and aromatic fresh-brewed coffee (no espresso machine!) with unique little biscotti, liberally flavoured with fennel. Along with a 1/2 litre of wine, taxes and a 20+% tip, our bill came ot $200 - not cheap, but worth every penny!

2  Thank laylaaj