“Expensive tastes”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Victoria, Canada
“Expensive tastes”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The service was patient with the amount of time we needed to make our food and drink selection- but then service wasn't great- some of the dirty dished from our appies weren't cleared before the main arrived, the wine glass had backed on bits on the outside (from the dishwasher?) and the table was a little sticky. The food was expensive, but very tasty. The spinach salad advertised feta- but there was very little to be found

• Visited September 2013

Barcelona, Spain
“nice place but weak drinks”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

we went there for drinks. their bar area is nice but our drinks underwhelmed us. they were weak in terms of taste all other. they were only sweet but did have no fruit or alcohol taste, very watery. we tried 4 different drinks and in hindsight we should have just have some wine instead.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly delicious lunch”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I didn't want to go...but we were really hungry and my husband suggested popping in to the Cactus Club Café. I thought it was a sleek bar - yes - but the lunch burgers and sides were absolutely delicious. Sauces were made in-house, and everything was crisp and well-combined. It was the best lunch we had while in Victoria. The service was also outstanding.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jvanscha1
North Saanich, BC
“Garden Burger is great”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am a bit of a garden/veggie burger expert taster and last night I had the Garden Burger at the Cactus Club. I have to say it was in the top 5 ever and I have gone through a lot in my day! The only down to this restaurant is that it is very expensive. The Garden Burger was $13.50! So, a great place, lovely Ladies room, well situated, but.........pricey. BTW, my husband had the jambalaya and he pronounced it "fantastic".

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Trixie61
Victoria, Canada
“There are much better options in Victoria”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I went to the Cactus Club one evening around 9 o'clock for a late dinner. We were seated outside next to the street and ordered drinks. After receiving our drinks, we asked the waitress to come back in a few minutes to take our food order because nothing on the menu really interested us.
After waiting about 20 minutes she returned and we placed our order. As soon as she left, an argument between two groups of "street dwelling citizens" turned into a fight right beside us. We were going to ask to move inside, however our waitress took a long while to return so we just asked for our bill and left.
I know in Canada it's customary to tip while at a sit down restaurant, however, I feel frustrated when the wait staff is far below par and still expects their 15%...
Overall, I wouldn't recommend the Cactus Club Cafe and would suggest checking out some different restaurants in the area.

• Visited July 2013