“Excellent meal”

Blue Crab Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Crab Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,188 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: James Bay
Cross street: Montreal Street
Description: Frommer's International Guide calls the Blue Crab Seafood House, the "best seafood spot in Victoria". Blue Crab Seafood House has earned a reputation for excellence in seafood and West Coast Cuisine. The daily specials take advantage of the local catches for the freshest of ingredients. With an Ocean View from every table that is impossible to beat! Featuring Local Dungeness Crab & Giant King Crab. Very Celiac Friendly. Winner of the 2005 People's Choice Award and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2003 to 2012, the Blue Crab Seafood House offers a wide selection of Vancouver Island, BC, Pacific Northwest, and new world wines, including a selection of both favourites and hard to find wines. The lounge offers a casual atmosphere to go along with its menu. Local favourites include Vancouver Island Tuna Tacos, Halibut Fish & Chips & Thai Fish Pot.
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The staff was courteous and friendly and the service was quick. Our meals were both delicious. We will definitely return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had dinner last night for my birthday at The Blue Crab. Been meaning to try it out for a long time and I wasn't disappointed at all. My husband & I both had the $40 fixed menu of "All Crab, All the Time" main course. My husband had the Clam Chowder and I had the Tenderloin Kushiyaki. Both were delicious! The All Crab, All the Time was fantastic but we were too full already to finish the crab risotto, so we took it home. The crab cakes were fantastic and the crab legs were done just right. We had the Creme Brûlée which was exquisite and a great way to end the meal. $40 was a bit pricey for us, but considering how much food was included, we felt it WAS well worth it - not like the pretentious restaurants where you pay there same price and you are supposed to be happy and impressed with getting a few bites and you're done. The views from the Blue Crab are lovely and relaxing and the service was spot on. Well done Blue Crab and thanks for a great birthday dining experience! :-)

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Place high on your Victoria to-do list”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Really genuine and attentive friendly service from start to finish. The food (we had the big seafood share platter) was to die for and the accompanying wine was excellent. Even though it was a foggy night and therefore the view limited, the atmosphere, lighting, ambience and staff professionalism made this a highlight of my Victoria experience. I will return. The food is simply delicious, and this is the best restaurant I visited in Victoria by some distance. Highly recommended!!

Penticton, Canada
“An A Plus Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the Blue Crab recommended to us by a stranger we spoke to at our departure airport enroute to a four day holiday in Victoria. We decided to try it one evening and were happy that we did. A wonderful waterfront location with a beautiful view. Our waiter, Craig H, was totally attentive throughout. We appreciated his informal professionalism. We both took advantage of the complete meal offer, applies, entree and desert. I had, my seafood favourite, the whole Dungeness crab which was superb. Absolutely on par with anything I experience at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. My wife the prawns and scallops. She felt that the scallops were comparable to those she had personally harvested while diving. The best homemade cheesecake ever for desert. The cost, including drinks was more than reasonable.
We both considered our overall experience to be excellent. Romantic, relaxing, not rushed in any way. If you love seafood you don't want to miss this fine restaurant. We shall return.

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New years was everything we could have hoped for and more!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We went to the late seating on New Year's Eve. Our server, Glen was great. He was really attentive and everyone felt very taken care of. We were seated next to the dance floor which was perfect for my dance teacher mother in law. My family danced all night and most people at our table had the crab which was perfectly done. I really enjoyed the band and the celebration at midnight: hats, noise makers, champagne. It was a New Years to remember and I hope we will be back next year.
Breakfast was fabulous. The eggs Benedict was done perfectly and it was great that breakfast was served until 2 pm.
The Blue Crab staff is amazing and the food is always great!

• Visited January 2014