“Excellent Food-Great Servic”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Black Olive is an exquisite jewel of a restaurant nestled off the beaten tourist track just half a block from Victoria City Hall. It features a casual fine dining experience in an unpretentious environment. Friendly service and an ambient room make it a favorite haunt for locals and tourists alike. One never goes to the Black Olive only once. Internationally known for its Rack of Lamb and Mediterranean West Coast Cuisine, the menu features locally grown, wild and organic fare whenever possible. Everything is made in house and to order, welcoming celiac and people with allergies. The wine list features an extensive collection of BC, West Coast and International wines. Come in and enjoy our lamb, rabbit, pasta or seafood dishes. We serve three course Prix Fixe dinners every day of the week, starting at $25. Our 60 seat restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, seven days/week.
St. Albert, Canada
“Excellent Food-Great Servic”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I were on a romantic six day trip to Victoria and read the good reviews of this restaurant near our hotel. The atmosphere was quiet and the menu was outlined skilfully by our waitress. We shared a very nice Greek salad and enjoyed our pasta-based main courses. The prices were reasonable and the attention from the owner was appreciated.

• Visited August 2012

Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Charming place, great meal --”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had one meal here during a 4 day stay... the owner is active in the operation and is very visible while you are dining. I was dining solo and he sat at my table with me for a few minutes :)

I had Scallop Risotto which was very nice - I have found that usually risotto is tricky in that it is either underdone or a mucky over-cooked mess - it was perfect at Black Olive, and the scallops were cooked to a perfect firmness.

I had a couple of glasses of white wine, including a NZ Pinot Grigio that was very pleasant and apparently hand selected by the owner.

• Visited July 2012
“Awesome treat for your taste buds.”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The seafood dishes were so tasty like something I have never had and I just didn't want the lunch to end.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Medicore food + annoying host = waste of time”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The food was not that inspired. The host was condescending and kept telling us how lucky we were to be eating at his awesome restaurant... which it was not. If you want to be taken as a serious restaurant and you cant get your lamb right then you shouldn't boast to your customers about how grateful they should be for what your serving.

3 Thank Mikefromvictoriabc
Victoria, BC
“A charming little place”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Always perfectly prepared food. We often bring visitors to this little gem.

Visited May 2012