“OK”

Neighborhood: Downtown
bc, canada
“OK”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A group of 7 (3 couples and a child) ate lunch there this weekend. I thought the service was good and the food acceptable. My husband chose a bento box special which he really enjoyed. I'm older and we sat in a large booth which I found very uncomfortable for my back. Also although we asked for separate bills, I wasn't impressed to see a 15% tip added automatically to the bill. I would probably choose one of the many other restaurants in the area the next time I'm downtown..

• Visited June 2013

Victoria, Bc
“Expansions don't always mean better!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My girls and I went for a birthday dinner and decided on Azuma because they were open later.
We had some sushi, soup and bento boxes. The ebi and tamago was ok but didn't seem as fresh as they use to make. We found the katsu chicken portions small and somewhat dry. We've been to this restaurant many times years ago before the expansion and noted the quality use to be much better. The service was prompt and friendly. The atmosphere was not as quaint as it once was before the expansion. I have been to better Japanese restaurants and am not in a hurry to go back.

• Visited June 2013
Surrey, Canada
“Disappointingly Mediocre”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Having heard good reviews about Azuma Sushi, my sister and I were looking forward to some great sushi, downtown. We ordered the deep fried scallop and spring rolls for appetizers - they were obviously pre-cooked and frozen and were just terrible. The California roll and dynamite roll were ordinary and we commented we get better Cali rolls from our local supermarket. I had a tobiko roll and a spicy salmon roll and both were way below the caliber of my regular sushi restaurant. I think the most important attribute in a sushi restaurant is fresh fish, freshly assembled and we did not get this at Azumi. The service was ok, servers pleasant. Disappointing experience, would definitely not recommend, nor will we be back.

Visited June 2013
Victoria, British Columbia
“Consistently Excellent Japanese Fare and Sush Azumawesome!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great lunch spot with fantastic sushi and Japanese food. Bento box lunch is great value too! Teriyaki beef is one of my faves. Has the best Japanese rice sauce my wife and I have ever had. Sunomono salad is always great as is the miso soup. I have never had a bad experience here. Service is also excellent and food is served promptly. Azumawesome!

• Visited March 2013
Seattle
“mah . . no big deal”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went with a friend and tried the chicken teriyaki soup.
The soup base was really great, noodles average but the chicken was not marinated and just cheap probably frozen pre cut breast pieces.

The California rolls were OK (average)
Spicy Salmon Sashimi came with a spicy mayo, it was pretty tame and bland

With so many great sushi places around these guys really do have to step up their game a bit

$40 bill for two with no drinks