“fantastic location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Robert Porter House B&B
Ranked #24 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We booked the Robert Porter House for a relaxing weekend in Victoria. Our goal was to be able to walk to all the downtown areas. The location is perfect.. but set far enough away from the noise of the city.
The house is a charming heritage home.
Our room was beautiful, spacious and clean. It has a small private balcony.
The underground parking was secure and convenient.
Breakfast was good.. but not as spectacular as some B&B's we have stayed at.
That said... I would indeed stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rootsandwings55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Hebrew first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I was driving to Vancouver from Seattle and stopped in Victoria in Aug 2011 for a night. We booked this one since all the other highly rated B&B on Tripadvisor were all fully booked. The house was previousely managed by a British lady but now is managed by the owners. Basically, there are 5 ensuites in the house. 4 of them are underground (below the living room). One is on the 1st floor (top of the house). The one on the 1st floor is lovely with a spacious living area and a large bathroom. The one that we stayed is underground which is quite dark and can only accomodate a queen sized bed. The bathroom has some strange smell. The car space is free. I guess the B&B rents a few car spaces from the property next door. The underground parking does not have a lift to go to the ground floor and it has 20-30 stairs. Again, the B&B doesn't have lift inside the house. We had to physically move our luggages down to the room (which involves 20 stairs). So we don't recommend this place to the old couples or people with disability. In the room, they provide a fan to cool you down at night but we did feel a little hot at that night. The breakfast was okay. They provided a fruit plate with yogurt, toast, sausages, crambled eggs and tea/coffee for the breakfast. Location-wise, it's close to the harbour and 2 mins drive from the ferry if you are from Port Angeles to Victoria.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LoveTea
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Having booked a Suite in this B&B through EasyRez for a Christmas visit to Victoria. I called a few days in advance to change my checkin time. When I was speaking with the woman she informed me that this was not run as a b&b during the winter and there would be no breakfast. There was no mentioned of this anywhether on the Easyrez website that I found. I wasn't pleased but it was a little late to try and find another place that close to Christmas. When we arrived on Christmas Eve I we were shown to a room, I beleive one of the "Beacon Hill Suites" that did not have the amenities I had booked, including no jet tub. When I questioned the woman who let us in she claimed it was an ungrade. I told her it was not and that I wanted the suite that I booked. She advised that it was the only room available because all the other suites were rented out by the month. I asked to speak to the owner and was given her phone number. When I was speaking to her all she said was that they had changed how they ran the facility and forgot to tell me. She did offer me a 15% discount which I took because it was all that I was going to get. However, this was not about money! I was booked a beautiful suite to spend Christmas with my husband in and did not get it!
After I returned home I wrote to Robert Porter House to let them know how unhappy I was and copied the letter to EasyRez and BC B&B association. I also advised EasyRez when they emailed me to ask about my stay at Robert Porter House. I had absolutely no response from EasyRez and they continue to advertise the Robert Porter House as a B&B on their website. I also noticed that my review was not posted with the other reviews even thought they go back to 2006. I did get a response from the BC B&B who advised that Robert Porter House was no longer a member and had been advised to take down the Association's signage. I will never use EasyRez again or stay at the Robert Porter House.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mhoggan
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

We arrived just before dinner and were greeted by Ann, our "hostess with the mostest", who ushered us in and made us feel instantly at home. Our room was wonderfully comfortable and had a private patio. Ann's hospitality, friendliness and meal preparation add tremendously to our rating of 5 stars. We enjoyed our stay and when we left were a bit sad - we arrived as strangers and left as family. We highly recommend the Robert Porter House with its lovely Ann.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jojogil
Peace River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We so look forward to staying at Robert Porter House again for another 7 nights this June / July 2011 and seeing one of our favourite people, Anne Schlichter. September 2010 was our 4th trip back to Robert Porter House since 2006. Originally we had stayed there based on the close proximity to the many events Victoria has to offer. We have continued going back due to the fantastic service, great breakfasts and Anne's always very personable and helpful ways.
We have stayed in several B&B's across Canada and a few others in Victoia over the years and met many nice owner / operators, but have not found another person that's makes you feel as welcome as Anne.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travel182181
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay at the Robert Porter House.
From the moment I first spoke to Ann on the phone to book our stay, I realized that I made the right decision and I hadn't even been there yet.
Upon arrival, a warm welcome by a very genuine hostess, in a cozy friendly home, quickly confirms that you have made the right decision.
We felt relaxed, comfortable, and cared for by someone who is very special and professional. Breakfasts were awesome.
The location, the home, and the room is all perfect but it is the attention to detail by Ann that gives you the feeling ( and not just in your tummy) that, wow I love this place and I am in very good hands.
We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Colinbcraw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed here for our first night arriving from Seattle on the Clipper. We walked up to the Porter House in about 10 minutes. Ann is an exceptional hostess and our room was very comfortable and immaculate. The breakfast was delicious and you could choose from several selections. I liked having choices and any dietary needs are respected. We walked to the downtown Victoria area and had dinner at the Irish Times Pub and walked back easily. Ann gave great suggestions for stops along the way as we drove up the island.
We look forward to seeing you next year.
Ann, thank you for your wonderful hospitality.
Rich & Janet Deutsch