TripAdvisor

from $91.12
from $136.16
from $136.16
2,443 results
All reviews ocean magic whale watching zodiac trip great trip larger boat saw orcas survival suits the upper deck butchart gardens transient orcas recommend this trip boat ride hour trip race rocks j pod marine life san juan island
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

This tour has the perfect combination for a perfect day out in Victoria. Starting with the whale and wildlife tour on the boat with knowledgeable and friendly staff and ending with the glamour of the Butchard gardens. They take care of you from beginning to end and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I think I will have to come back and do this every year! Thank you very much.

Date of experience: July 2019
MaureenKin, Communications Coordinator at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate it and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your adventure with us!

Thank you also for your great feedback about our staff. They are very passionate about sharing their knowledge with our guests and certainly have a wealth of information when it comes to whale and marine wildlife!

We would love for you to join us on another our in future :)

Reviewed July 3, 2019

The fact that Big Mama the Humpback gave us such an amazing show, was made all the better by the brilliant crew, Bill, Joe, Rory, Laura and Seanie. Their knowledge, enthusiasm and attention was first class.
We felt included, and welcomed on board and we genuinely felt that they all wanted us to see everything we could and thoroughly enjoy our trip.
We 100% recommend Prince of Whales as great value for money and would sail with them again in a heartbeat.

Hello Amanda,

Thank you so much for leaving us a great recommendation. We really appreciate this and are delighted that you enjoyed your adventure observing whales and marine wildlife with us and of course Big Mama!

Thank you also for your great comments about our staff. They work very hard to ensure that our guests receive a comfortable, enjoyable and educational adventure :)

We hope you will join us on another tour again the next time you are in Vancouver.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

My family [daughter, son-in-law, and 13 y/o granddaughter] and I booked a few days ahead of time [good idea] for the half-day tour. We had the big catamaran which was very comfortable especially for someone who was not about to get into a zodiac!
Be warned, dress warmly! Even though it was a beautiful warm day in the Inner Harbour, it is COLD when you get moving on the open water. I sat up top at the front for about two hours but during a lull in the activity, I came in to warm up a bit. [even tho I was dressed warmly]
We weren't out for very long when 2 Humpback whales appeared on the scene. One, it was soon ascertained, was known as "Big Mama". Instead of spouting-off a couple of times and then diving, these 2 were having quite a lovely time and seemed to be seeking out the boat. They swam and cavorted and carried on for at least 30 mins. before we headed off in search of others.
We went to Race Rocks and saw harbour seals, sea lions, a Stellar sea lion, a sea otter and an interesting bird with orange legs [see photo].
It was a beautiful day for a boat ride and we all loved this completely exhilarating experience. The staff are professional and friendly and I want to do this tour on a monthly basis, as I live in Victoria. Cannot recommend this enough!!!

Hello Diane,

Thank you so much for leaving us a great recommendation and for your six out of five stars review ;) We really appreciate this and are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your adventure observing whales and marine wildlife with us!

How amazing that you got to see Big Mama too. She is certainly awe inspiring and very special to us all!

Thank you also for your great comments about our staff. They work very hard to ensure that our guests receive a comfortable, enjoyable and educational adventure!

We hope you will join us on another tour again :)

Reviewed July 2, 2019

this trip was my absolute favorite, in fact I went twice. Both times I had the same captain, Chris Bann and the same naturalist, Lili. They were excellent and the second time around I also had Bill Moore as another captain and Valerie and Laura. Very well versed in their job. The first time out, we saw a pod of orca whales, some seals, a bald eagle and a humpback whale named Divit. The second time I saw the same humpback whale. The trip itself was so amazing, I loved the speed of the boat and the waves and all of it. On my second trip I was allowed to see the captain's cabin after they docked and Mr. Bill Moore showed me how they steered the boat into the dock. Thank you all guys. And because I so wanted a souvenir to take home with me, a Prince of Whales hat, the office ordered one for me from the Vancouver office and it was brought over in a boat! How amazing is that!

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate this and are so happy that you got to see Orcas, Humpbacks, Seals and a Bald Eagle with us and are grateful that you returned a second time!

Thank you also for your wonderful comments about our staff members. They work very hard to ensure our guest receive an enjoyable and educational tour with us. So happy that you received your hat OK and we hope it brings you fond memories of your tour with us :)

Reviewed June 30, 2019

he cruise was very interesting, the staff was professional and with lots of knowledge, the staff gave explanations throughout the route. The ship is in excellent condition.
We saw seals and two types of whales.
Thank you very much for the experience to Captain Chris, Lilly, and Valerie.
recommended.

Date of experience: June 2019
Maureen K, Communications Coordinator at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2019

Hello Yossi

Thank you so much for leaving us a great recommendation. We really appreciate this and are delighted that you enjoyed your adventure observing whales and marine wildlife with us!

We hope you will join us on another tour again the next time you are in Victoria.