“Beautiful Day on the Water with Prince of Whales!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Zodiac Whale-Watching Adventure in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Prince of Whales is the largest and most environmentally sustainable whale watching and eco-adventure company operating out of both Victoria and Vancouver. With a fleet of both open and semi-covered boats, we are better able to match a tour to your desires. Join us out of Victoria for a fun and adventurous Zodiac tour or climb aboard the world-famous Ocean Magic II. Both of these tours operate for 3 hours. Want to see whale watch off the coast of Vancouver Island AND see the beautiful Butchart Gardens all in one day? Join us on our Ultimate Day Tour out of Vancouver or our Whales and Gardens Tour out of Victoria. We also offer float plane options allowing you to travel from Seattle or Vancouver to Victoria, saving you time and energy planning. We are happy to accommodate overnight visitors to Victoria.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Victoria, Canada
“Beautiful Day on the Water with Prince of Whales!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had an amazing time out on the ocean. The views of the coast and the olympic mountains to the south are indescribable. Our captain Jen was extremely knowledgeable, she gave a us a ton of information about the wild life in the area, and even a bit of a history lesson! We saw lots of seals and porpoises, and a few bald eagles and eagles nests as well. Great value for money, a truly fantastic experience.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
4 attraction reviews
“Whale hat trick!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went out a few weeks back with skipper Mark! What an amazing experience! We saw 2 pods or resident orca's, a pod of transient orca's and a mom and baby humpback! The humpback's surfaced about 10 feet from the boat! What an incredible experience, I will never forget it! Truly fantastic!

Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Zooming Zodiacs - nothing but fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We set out in hopes of seeing Orcas - no luck. Despite this, we had a great time. The Zodiac is a fun boat. Our skipper looked after us well, keeping a look out for wild life - we did see dolphins and sea lions. Buzzing around the Strait of Juan de Fuca was great, beautiful. There was some slow go time near shore. That provided time to stand and check our surroundings.

The Zodiac can be a bit rough when going over bumpy water - everyone in the boat enjoyed the bumps. A little like a roller coaster. The skipper will slow down if you show him the hand signal. They prewarn against having neck or back injuries - I do have preexisting conditions but was fine. Do pay attention to the warning. I did have to engage my core muscles to support myself.

They provide artic/expedition suits, beanies/caps and gloves. They are needed when the speed is up. The wind still got through the suit in places so be well dressed underneath. I chose not to wear my beanie - my face was sunburnt. Put a layer of sunscreen on - you are on the water for a few hours.

Go for a trip if you have the money - the Zodiac can get to the whales if they are out - so are superior to other boat watching outfits. It was a fun ride and beautiful.

Visited May 2014
stockholm, sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great staff & security but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had a full day out with Prince of Whales. The planning of the trip- including looking for whales, Victoria and the Butchart gardens was perfect and the staff were very nice and gave a lot of information in a relaxed way. The boat was also comfortable and felt safe. Having seen a few Orcas on 100m distans was not the big reward though, but rather the full day at sea - as it was a nice day.
I must say though, that Having paid almost 600 Canadian dollars for me and my son for the trip it was a minor chock they charge you extra for a cup of coffee on board...

1 Thank chillixx
PrinceofWhales, Front Office Manager at Prince of Whales Whale Watching, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Chillixx,
I’m so happy to hear you had such an excellent tour with us! I agree with you that seeing whales, while certainly being the highlight, is not the only portion of the tour that is rewarding.
The reason we charge money in the pantry is because part of the proceeds are donated to the Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre (Wild ARC). This is a centre that aids in the rescue and rehabilitation of wild animals; a centre we support and hope to spread awareness about.
Thank you for your review, if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at fiona@princeofwhales.com. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time here, and have safe travels back home.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is a WOW! trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

A fun ride on a Zodiac at 40 mph plus we saw the many of the orcas in the "J Pod". And cruised along side a lonesome humpback for 20 minutes. It was truly awesome. Our guide "Mark" is a recognized authority on whales and knows them by name and age and parentage. Super nice guy, too. I said, "Mark is the Prince of Whales". Everyone at POW is super friendly and nice to deal with. A great company; you can't go wrong here.
Bob from San Diego