“A Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Levis
“A Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend, we weren't looking to spend too much on our getaway and found ourselves paying 160 a night for the 1 bedroom suite. I can't say we had any complaints, the service was great, the TV remote stopped working, lady from the desk came upstairs and fixed that. The room was very nice as well, I don't remember now as I am reviewing late, but I think they might have been renovating their rooms? The kitchen had all the supplies, and again no complaints and would most definitely stay here again!

1 Thank QualityInnManagement

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Prestatyn, UK
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Having travelled from the UK straight to Victoria we wanted somewhere comfortable for our first stop. The Oswego is clean, comfortable, well equipped kitenette and close to town. We got a deal on Expedia and that was what it was worth and not the full price. Paid extra for parking, which really isn't nescessary with a built-in underground parking-lot (just revenue for the chain). Liked the hotel, though liked the service less - inexperienced staff who lacked customer service skills; a shame with when all else met the standard of the Hotel. It is worth staying and of good standard - you pay a little over the odds.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
OswegoHotelGManager, Suzanne Gatrell, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review of the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback. I will continue to work with the dedicated team at the Oswego, to focus on some of the points noted.

You mentioned that you travelled from the UK and hope you enjoyed your time in Victoria. We hope that on your next trip to Victoria that staying at the Oswego hotel will be included in your itinerary.

All the best
Vancuover
Reviewed January 5, 2010

In January 2010 we traveled to Victoria to visit family and friends we were recomended to stay at the Oswego Hotel.When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly and knowlegible front desk personel. the room we were checked into was very spacious and clean . The view of the ocean and city was beautiful. When we had a bit of trouble turning on the satellite tv we called the customer service desk and they had someone to our room right away .Silly me if I had just read the well defined instructions which were right there I would have been just fine.The hotel as advertised is very centrally located within walking distance to the beautiful Victoria inner harbour .We had a wonderful stay thankyou.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
On behalf of my team here at the Oswego Hotel we very much appreciate the positive feedback. I will be sure to pass onto the wonderful team.

We hope that on your next visit to Victoria that staying at the Oswego Hotel will be in your plans.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

All the best
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed one night at The Oswego as part of our annual December visit to the Victoria area. We had a premium one-bedroom suite on the 8th floor with a great view across to the Olympic Peninsula. While most aspects of the room were very good, there were a few issues that impacted negatively on our overall experience. As we were leaving our room to go out for dinner, my husband checked to make sure the door was latched. He discovered that the door was latched but unlocked. We phoned down to report this and a staff member came up right away, said the battery probably needed replacing and started to work on the door. We left for dinner assuming that the door would be properly repaired. To our surprise, we discovered on our return from dinner that our door was still unlocked! Fortunately nothing was missing from our room. The second problem occurred when we looked for wine glasses. Despite wine being offered for sale in the room, there were no wine glasses, even though there were plenty of other dishes in the kitchen. The bartender in the Bistro lent us a pair of glasses. The third problem was the unreliable internet access - available in the evening but not the next morning. Lastly, it was very difficult to get through to "Guest Services" on the phone - I gave up after being placed on hold for long periods of time. When these problems were mentioned at check-out, we were given a reduced rate on the room. I would consider giving this hotel a second chance in the future as all of these problems should be resolvable.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2010
On behalf of my team at the Oswego, we apologise for this situation occurring with your door lock.

The Oswego hotel prides itself on its exceptional property, service and location.
We take this occurrance very seriously. Myself and my team will continue as always to put our guests privacy and security of the utmost importance.

As wih any Hotel card lock system the batteries need replacing from time to time. Our team will be diligent to ensure if this occurs again that they will be replaced in a timely manner to ensure the lock is back in operation immediately. The lock in question subsequently was corrected and working again during your stay.

Thank you.
Abbotsford, BC / Mancheser, England
Reviewed December 10, 2009

We stayed at the Oswego for 2 nights in November and there are far more advantages than disadvantages. First of all, we stayed in room 603 overlooking the parliament buildings and some of the harbour, which was excellent. The rooms are THE most spacious I have stayed in for a hotel room, the bathroom is massive compared to the standard bathroom size. All bathrooms are complete, bath, seperate shower, full sink etc. There is a complete mini kitchen - even a dishwasher!! coffee maker, microwave, stove, fridge!

The beds were lovely and comfy, califionia Kings I believe! Opposite your bed there is a flat screen tv with cable and we were lucky enough to get a deck, although we didn't use it as it was winter!!

The pictures they show on the website are exactly what it looks like upon arrival. You will be impressed!

The only disadvantage is (not that its a major one) is that if I had the choice, I would move the hotel a bit more central as its on the far side of the Harbour, but its not that far to walk to the core, where the good shops and restaurants are, and its a good walk round the harbour and in a good way, it gets you out and about seeing things than if we you were to drive!

The service was great, fast, attentive, what you kind of expect when you pay for any nights sleep in any hotel! - 10/10 for us!

Underground parking is available which is about $10 per night, if I remember correctly! - but it is clean, well lit, and secure!!

I would definately stay again, when I am next in Victoria!

See our reviews for a GREAT breakfast restaurant!! - The Blue Fox Cafe!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
OswegoHotelGManager, Suzanne Gatrell at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
On behalf of the team here at the Oswego - thank you for the positive review and we are so glad that you had a wonderful and enjoyable stay at our lovely hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oswego Hotel when you come back to Victoria.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We chose the Oswego based on some brief research on TA and from the hotel site. We were very happy with our choice! The hotel was wonderful. It is in a couple of blocks from downtown, but it is an easy walk to the center (about 10 min max if you're walking slow) It is also located in a bit of a residential area which cuts down on traffic noise. It is very nicely decorated, simple, modern and contemporary. We had a 1 bedroom suite that had 2 flat screed HD TVs. I was not crazy about their satalite TV system (wished they had the standard hotel system with pay per view etc) but it was fine.
The room was nice and big (1 bed suite) and had all the amenities we needed.
We never ate at the hotel, and I wished they made an effort to provide menus for some of the restaurants within walking distance. One night we got take-out from Santiagos (down the block...recommended BTW) and I had to go down their with my camera to take a pic of the menu so my wife and I could make a decision)

All in all this is my new hotel of choice in Victoria. I will stay here again for sure. The staff was great, and even gave my wife and I a card for our Anniversary with some chocolates.

If you want overpriced and frilly with some history stay at the Empress.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled that you choose the Oswego Hotel to spend your special Anniversary trip. We appreciate your positive feedback in your review - I will be sure to pass onto the dedicated Oswego team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.
West Vancouver
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I visited my two daughters at UVic and stayed two nights at the Oswego. I was really pleased with it. The decor was lovely. One of my daughters stayed with me the first night and was really impressed with the contemporary style. I really loved the restaurant, although the portions were small (didn't bother me but would likely bother a big, hungry male). I only have two criticisms. I didn't appreciate having to pay for parking. It was only $10 a day but still, I hate being nickeled and dimed. My other criticism was the television system. I had to call the front desk twice and on one of the occasions they had to send someone up to get the t.v.s to work. Even my 19 year old, technically with it, daughter couldn't figure it out. They are on a satellite rather than cable. Also, for a satellite system, I didn't find the channel selection very good. The whole system was very confusing. Other than that, the staff were very friendly and helpful and my overall experience was very good. It was off season and very quiet there, which I liked.

• Stayed November 2009