Got a good deal on this through Clipper Vacations.
- Suites great for families with young kids. A door to the master bedroom allows mom and dad to kick back and read/watch TV while kids sleep (or watch the other TV) on foldout queen in main room).
- Full kitchen good if you want to save money and eat a meal or two in, but with so many great restaurants (and no easy grocery shopping) in Victoria, not really advised. Nice to have a place to bring leftovers back to, though.
- Easy 2 min. walk to inner harbor, 7 min. walk to downtown.
- Very clean, chic decor, appears to have been remodeled very recently.
- Free Internet (wired)
- Free green apples!
- Air. There are thermostats but apparently just for heat. It wasn't hot at all outside (65 degrees?) for our late August visit and really not BAD inside, but enough for us to need to open the balcony window at night, which meant more street noise (and then it got a bit cold in the middle of the night). Fortunately the street wasn't too loud. If it had been a hot day, our review may have been very different.
- View. The hotel is a couple blocks away from the water. Although we "requested" a harbor view, we weren't lucky enough to be up high and facing the water, and so just had a street view. Oh well, not super high on our priority list, but it might be on yours.
- No DVD. With a "suite" of this calibre, it would have been nice to supply one or two DVD players (heck, these days a cheap one is about the price of 10 green apples!) But fear not if you have a portable DVD player and AV cord with RCA jacks -- the LCD TVs input panel is accessible from the back ;)
- They forgot to make up our room. Doh!
Tip: if you live by your morning jolt, learn how to operate a coffee press before you go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oswego Hotel experience is unique to Victoria, British Columbia. We are a sophisticated, urban, boutique hotel steps away from the Inner Harbour and downtown. This is a chic destination for the discerning and adventurous traveler. Whether romance, business travel or a much-needed getaway brings you to Victoria, the Oswego's combination of modern design, incredible service and the luxury amenities makes it the perfect place to get a taste of the city's natural surroundings and urban vibe. Whether you make it a base for business meetings or for taking advantage of the city's many cultural, shopping or outdoor adventure options, the Oswego offers a boutique-hotel experience in a prime setting. Enjoy all the action vibrant Victoria has to offer from a downtown destination that's like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Oswego Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oswego Hotel Victoria