The Oswego Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Embassy Inn(Victoria)
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
2,003 results
All reviewsfrench pressfull kitchenone bedroom suiteturn down serviceboutique hoteljames baytwo blocksquiet arealovely hotelwithin walking distanceunderground parkingvictoria clipperhotel roomlarge bathroomhome away from homeno air conditioningferry terminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a very pretty hotel with large wonderful rooms. it is clean with big beautiful bathtubs and showers. They are suites that are modern and comfortable and most importantly, quiet. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a view, otherwise you may be facing the backside of a building.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Babs073
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Oswego hotel. We are glad that you had an enjoyable time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Kind regards

Suzanne Gatrell

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had the distinct pleasure of enjoying the Holiday Season for a third time at the Oswego this past December/January. The suites are absolutely excellent. The suite was spacious, kitchen very well equipped, clean, and very comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent and the Head of Housekeeping was especially helpful.
The Oswego again met all our expectations. Meals & room service were superb. It’s a little “Shangri-la.” A very happy and harmonious place.
On complimenting the staff, that they were so friendly and helpful, their answer was…”our General Manager Suzanne is a wonderful person to work for. Clearly that excellent approach filters down to all the employees. It starts at the top. They really do make us feel at home.
We are booked again for our fourth Holiday Season in December 2013.
Dr. & Mrs. Chernenkoff - Saskatoon

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are so pleased to have welcomed you and your family back to the Oswego hotel over the Holiday Season. We appreciate and value your loyalty to us.

Thank you for your kind comments and I will ensure they are passed onto the wonderful team

The Holidays are a special time and each year its lovely to assist you with your family gatherings in the suites and now after a few years to know what you like.

On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back later this year so we can wow you again and look after you when you come and stay at the Oswego - your home away from home.

Kind Regards

Suzanne Gatrell

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Recently stayed at The Oswego while my other half attended a conference. We chose the Oswego because it was dog friendly (and if you've read my other reviews, know that this is a priority for us) and we were not disappointed....it is a hidden gem in the hotel district of Victoria.

The front desk staff are simply awesome...hands down. Very professional, courteous and efficient. The cleaning staff follow suit and went beyond the call to assist you with whatever you required.

The hotel itself is nicely appointed with underground parking, a lounge and restaurant area. The rooms are lovely, simply lovely. Complete with one of the most functional small kitchens (sharp knives!! Yeah!!) it features a microwave, full size stove/oven and fridge. Pots and pans galore and a dishwasher to finish things up. No complaints at all.

The rooms (or at least the one we had) featured a separate bedroom from the kitchen and living area. Lots of closet space and oodles of room throughout. Ceiling fans replace AC which is both a nice and green touch. Windows open which is great because it is a quiet neighborhood. If we had one complaint or disappointment, it was in the beds. They are quite hard and feel small. They are also quite high which is a bit of a challenge for someone short like myself. Continuing on this theme, one cannot forget the pillows...ever. Really folks, pillows made from cut-up foam? I remember these from 40 years ago; they weren't very good then and they still aren't today. Time to switch things up and look at better beds (bigger and not so hard) and better pillows.

As others have pointed out, it is a very short walk to the conference center and to shops. There is a good grocery store (Thrifty's) about 3 blocks away that is open 24 hours.

Bottom line: The Oswego is a great place to stay. Would highly recommend it to anyone at anytime.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I attended a conference in this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the features and quality of my room. It really felt more like a new condominium with high end finishes. I was also surprised by the rate, which I thought was quite inexpensive given that I have stayed at other hotels in the area who were equally or higher priced but didn't have an equivalent offering. The hotel has a good-sized conference room and we ended the event by having a cooking class hosted by their chef in one of the penthouse units. I will definitely recommend this place to my business colleagues and friends.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The stylish design and homely feel to the suites makes this hotel a great choice for a stay in Victoria as long as you don’t mind having to walk for 5-10mins to get into the centre of the city. The smaller size of this hotel also makes it feel more relaxing and personal and I’d highly recommend it to anyone who doesn’t like being lost in a crowd. The distance from the centre of town is a slight downside, but if you’re staying for a while or for work sometimes it’s nice to be slightly away from it all anyway. That said, it’s only 5-10 mins and its much closer than that to the ferry terminal, so if that’s your mode of arrival or departure you definitely won’t need a taxi. I had a great stay here and I’d consider staying here again on my next trip to Victoria.

I added some photos and a detailed overview of the hotel on my blog if you are interested in more details: http://www.carlousmoochous.com/2013/inbed-the-oswego-hotel-victoria-b-c/

Room Tip: I upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite - The extra space is worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo