Marketa's Bed and Breakfast
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$137
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$151
$141
$184
$70
$220
$211
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$160
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
Travelocity
Days Inn Victoria Uptown(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$93
Hotel Zed(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$143
$95
Hotels.com
$168
getaroom.com
All reviewsb beggs benedictfour posterfreshly baked muffinsother guestsbubble bathfrom the ovenshared bathroomhoneymoon suitewalking distancethe ground floorinner harborsmall hotelclose to downtownjames baythe location is perfectvancouver island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in B&B's all over the world and Marketa's up there with the best of them. The home is a beautiful Edwardian style decorated with Marketa's own art. The late check in was no problem. I was there to play in a soccer tournament and the Jacuzzi tub and delicious breakfasts really made a difference. When I had an early game and couldn't eat breakfast they saved me a couple of homemade fruit muffins. Wonderful. My teammates staying in a hotel were jealous! I can highly recommend this B&B

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Marekta's was absolutely phenomenal! Everything from their food to their service was so beyond excellent! We arrived early and she let us choose which room we wanted to stay in, made such a delicious breakfast every morning and when she had found out my fiancé had proposed in our room the night before she made us mimosas. She even left us a bottle of wine and a beautiful snack plate in our room the next evening. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Located within a short walk of downtown Victoria, Fisherman's Wharf and the ferry dock, this B&B is a good choice for those that do not want to drive. The B&B, itself, is an old house that is fairly well maintained (not as well as others we have stayed at). Our room was small--the bed took up much of the room--there was no good place to put your suitcase (except on the old-style loveseat), no place to sit if you wanted to watch TV, etc. The bathroom was only adequate--it had a louvered door (for ventilation, I guess) and a small shower. Marketa wasn't feeling well, but was still friendly--she gave us a good recommendation for a "Bohemian" supper club down the street, which was fun. All that said, the breakfast was the high point. I would have preferred having breakfast before 8:30 am, but both mornings she provided a fantastic breakfast--homemade scones or muffins, fresh fruit and juice, and the best Eggs Benedict I have had for years! The breakfast upped my rating from 3 (average) to 4 (average with a good location and a great breakfast).

Room Tip: Don't know about the others, but ours was the only one on the first floor. It was small, but adequate--nothing more.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A great place to kick back and relax. Beautiful rooms, friendly staff and a warm homelike welcome. Yummy food. Located within a short walk of downtown Victoria and Fisherman's Wharf. Dog friendly. We really enjoyed the self check-in ....the key was left at the front door for us with a welcoming note and we let ourselves in. The sitting room showed us the delightful character of the 101 year old home.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Marketa's suited us beautifully for a Valentine's Day overnight in Victoria. The location is convenient if you don't mind walking a bit. It's in a residential neighborhood about a six-block (10 min.) walk from the Black Ball ferry dock. Another 10 minutes farther down the street is a nice city park and a marina tucked beneath luxury waterfront condos. Walking about 20 minutes from Marketa's back past the ferry slips, the provincial legislative building, Victoria's excellent museum, and the Fairmont Empress Hotel, takes you to Governor Street shopping, dining, and pub life. Of course, you could always take a cab -- or a city bus.
As for Marketa's itself, it has been operated for several years by Marketa herself, a charming, attractive, 40-something woman with a slight Central European (Russian?) accent. Her rooms are clean and well-furnished; ours had a gas fireplace and modern bathroom fixtures. The breakfast was terrific, and cooked to order: eggs, bacon or ham, toast, plenty of fruit and OJ, tea and/or coffee. We could have ordered something more austere, but what the hey, we left our Spartan tastebuds back in Port Angeles.
The establishment is unimposing from the outside, but the interior is cozy, and Marketa could not have been more welcoming and hospitable. Besides the fine breakfast, she dispensed tourist advice, allowed us to store luggage after checkout -- and she left Valentine's candy and a split of sparkling wine in our room for us to find upon returning from dinner on the town. A wonderful surprise . . . and no extra cost!
At a room rate of $100 or so, the value here was exceptional, especially taking into account the Valentine's extras.
I'm a hard grader on TripAdvisor, saving my 5-stars for superior location, luxury, and service. But I gladly give Marketa's four stars for being only a notch below that standard. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple