“Lovely trip to Vic thanks to Marketa!”

Marketa's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely trip to Vic thanks to Marketa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Marketa didn't disappoint us with our 1-night stay in Victoria. My boyfriend and I esacped the city hustle and bustle of Vancouver for a long-weekend vacation to Vancouver Island.

We arrived early and were greeted by Marketa and her cute dog Mr. T. She showed us around her amazing heritage house and to our room which was was gorgeous, quiet, romantic and luxurious! We had a honey moon suite on the top floor which has a jacuzzi and a queen four-poster bed. It was exquisitely decorated and Marketa's amazing art was up on the walls.

She made sure we had everything we needed and gave us directions to the beach, liquor store and grocery store as well as gave us an amazing recommendation to a local seafood restaurant -- very helpful!

Breakfast was equally as awesome. Home-made everything! Some of the best coffee I've ever had and Marketa's famous muffins. I had the French Toast which had nuts, dried and fresh fruits with whipped cream and real maple syrup - mmmmmm! The boy had the Benny with made-from-scratch hollandaise-cheese sauce - yum! The breakfast was so hearty and filling that we didn't eat our lunch till the late afternoon!The staff were friendly and fun yet courteous and helpful and everything in the house was gleaming and clean!

DEFIANTLY coming back next summer!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor of the house are incredible!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

All the other reviews I've read on here are accurate as far as great location, nice place, clean, etc so I won't burden you with those. All I can say is if you want a nice place to stay with an Excellent breakfast served to you by pretty girls, this is your place.
I was in Vic on business and my employer could have put me anywhere so I was very pleasantly surprised when I showed up at Marketa's.
I basically lived here for two weeks and worked 12 hour days everyday so it was a great relief to be in such a comfortable place. The rooms range in price and 'quality' here (they are all good quality). The first 2 nights I was in one of the 'better' rooms which was luxurious by my standards, with a nice queen sized bed with all the throws and pillows and all that. Then I was moved to a 'lesser' basement suite which had 2 beds and was nice as well. Both had private bathrooms.
Marketa herself is a charming and mysterious woman with a rather subtle sense of humour. The rotating roster of 6 or 7 pretty girls serving delicious breakfasts in the morning made dragging myself out of bed in time for breakfast (8:30-9:30) worthwhile. Though on the few times I didn't they made something they knew I would like and put it in the fridge for me to eat later. That's above and beyond as far as I'm concerned.
Overall, I'd return in a heartbeat. Don't even need to bother seeing what else Victoria has to offer accommodation-wise...

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want when you make the booking. There is a range to accommodate everyone.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Just a couple blocks from the center on a quiet street. Sunny dining room; delicious breakfast choices prepared with care. Marketa and her young staff very accommodating. Would highly recommend--an excellent value!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Really liked this place. Had a small suite in the basement, well furnished and thoroughly clean (altough not the most modern of fittings). Building has so much old charm and character. Location is great - about 10 mins walk from the town centre, a few minutes from the sea front and a few minutes from the fisherman's whalf area which is lovely for lunch. From our experience breakfast policies at British Columbia B&Bs seem odd and varied, but this was probably the best breakfasts of our 3 week tour of the area.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This B&B was wonderful. We arrived on the Black Ball Ferry and easily pulled our suitcase to the B&B. It is a lovingly restored boarding house. The location was perfect to walk to downtown sites & harbor. Our room was spacious with a great bathroom, the breakfast GOURMET, staff phenominal. Marketa was very helpful with dining suggestions & driving routes. PERFECT CHOICE!

Room Tip: rooms are different. Go to her website & choose the best for you.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

Definitely a good place to stay in Victoria. Very convenient location, great heritage neighborhood. Marketa is wonderful, makes you feel right at home. The staff are a very cheerful and helpful group and they serve up the best breakfast ever.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Really lovely, quaint, cute, quirky decor. We had the budget room, and though just behind the small verandah office (a little noisy), we slept well. The breakfast was great and we were surprised that so many people had stayed in the same house that we had! T'was more like a small hotel than a B&B. Maybe 15 people for brekkie? Lovely bunch of girls serving and Marketa is a very gracious, gorgeous, enigmatic, helpful and welcoming host. We felt so comfortable and had met some lovely other guests. We pulled out our ukuleles and played some music after breakfast on the back verandah, much to the delight of other guests. A joyful place. Thanks Marketa, Mark & Jane (Australia)

Room Tip: Budget room is good value for money.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple