Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friends chose this restaurant for a little celebration and it turned out to be an excellent choice. Great ambiance, excellent food and very good service. What more could anyone want? Well a table with a view over the water perhaps? Well! Guess what they have that in summer. Enjoy winter or summer! We have been by this place so many times but for some reason never stopped in. Now we did and glad we did.

Date of visit: January 2020
Steamship_Grill, General Manager at Steamship Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Harold! We are so glad to stopped by as well and hope to see you again soon. Patio season is upon us!

Write a reviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had a terrific "Dine-around" meal in the Steamship Grill& Bar earlier tonight. We had seen the restaurant when we visited the Robert Bateman Gallery upstairs in the summer. It 's steamship decor was beautiful but we thought it would be too expensive. With "Dine-around" at $30 per meal the price was right. And we delighted to have such great service and superb dinners. We both enjoyed the crab bisque as a starter. The main course for me was a tender sirloin steak, My wife had a terrific lobster pasta dish. We both had a wonderful pumpkin brulee for dessert.

We will definitely return, likely in the summer, when the patio will be open.

Date of visit: January 2020

Wow! Thank you for the lovely feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the Dine Around menu special. The patio is getting more warm and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here for some mid-day libation and had a pitcher of red sangria. It was “ok”. About 2-2 1/2 glasses for each of us two. Tasted ok, a bit dry, not enough liquor. Don’t know if I would have felt much if I had the pitcher to myself.

1  Thank delpuertoRS
Steamship_Grill, Owner at Steamship Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Thank you for your feedback on our Sangria. I will have a talk with our bar manager and see if we can adjust our Sangria. Please come visit again so we can win you over!

Reviewed December 30, 2019

We had a drink then decided to order mussels. We were going to order fish chowder after but the mussels were so big and delicious we had no room left. They had these to die for fries with a sauce that were so tasty. No room for anything else.

1  Thank rssrob

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your meal! Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2019

Reserved a table on OpenTable for a table at the window. Was greeted by a tall unhappy blonde lady who maybe said 4 words to us.
Our waitress was quick to bring water while I waited for my other half and was short and not so friendly at first she was better as the we ordered.
The oysters and the wine were probably the best part of the meal.
The calamari was over cooked, however the cauliflower hot wings were delicious.
The main dishes had no presentation at all plain Jane, my steak was under done at medium rare and our food was not hot.
My other half who likes his rare couldn’t even eat his as it was under cooked as well.
We eat out often in Victoria and do not mind paying the prices but this place left little to be desired.
Cool building ..

Date of visit: December 2019
Steamship_Grill, Owner at Steamship Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

We are so sorry to hear that you had a mediocre experience at The Steamship Nicole. We hope you will return to our restaurant so we can WOW you the next time. I will let Chef know that the steaks need better attention. We thank you for your feedback.