“delightfully delicious”
Review of Be love

Be love
Ranked #38 of 1,356 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Reservations
Description: be love is an offering of sustainable organic cuisine to nourish and heal the body, mind & soul. Here to honor our earth community and one another, we mindfully source our ingredients, fostering change to provide a future of health, love & respect for all.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Going for dinner at Be Love with a committed meat eater was fun -- he swooned over every course. We loved the presentation, the freshness, good flavours, the innovative cuisine, and the atmosphere, which was welcoming, slightly upscale but very relaxed. A really excellent place for a casual yet important date, or for just enjoying a really good meal.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (299)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Being vegetarian and gluten-free with a low sugar diet, I typically have few options when eating out. Not at Be Love. I could order anything on this cafe’s menu. This place is mostly vegan but you can order perfectly poached eggs. Homemade Tempe, perfect focaccia, amazing sauces and desserts. We had the Swiss chard rolls with jalapeño mango sauce, a couple of benny breakfasts, and a delicious melon “cheese cake”. All were exquisite, beautifully presented and explosive in flavor and texture.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

3 of us enjoyed the ample portions of delicious, flavourful food. The greens bowl was particularly delicious and cauliflower burger with salad was such a large portion. The coffee was the biggest surprise. Loved it!

Reviewed August 28, 2019

I have heard and read so many great things about this restaurant. My mom and I went for lunch because I knew it had healthy food, which my mom, as a newly diagnosed diabetic, was looking for. Perhaps my expectations were too high given all the rave reviews I've seen.

I found Be Love mediocre at best. The staff were friendly enough, no complaints there. My mom ordered a bowl with quinoa, egg and greens. Her greens were incredibly chewy. She ended up leaving them because she felt they weren't edible because of the chewiness of them. The waiter blew her complaint off saying "Yes they are very hearty greens". One shouldn't have to chew their greens 30+ times in order to swallow them.

I had the cauliflower burger which I can't complain about, yet it was nothing to write home about. Like I said, perhaps my expectations where too high. My husband and I eat out quite a bit and have enjoyed many restaurants in Victoria, both low budget to fine dining. I can say I will not be eating at Be Love again any time soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2019

Simply one of the best restaurants in Western Canada. Besides their strong ethics (weight of organic food), everything is fresh, prepared in a surprising yet enjoyable manner. From the greens as appetizer to the creative main courses, it is exquisite. Do not forget to ask the everyday changing flavour of their homemade cheesecake and try one smoothie. Staff is diligent, very nice and swift. A perfect score !