“Fun place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour by Bus
Ranked #17 of 175 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Victoria Bug Zoo opened its doors in 1997 and has been showing visitors of downtown Victoria our awe-inspiring bugs ever since. A visit to this must-see mini zoo offers an excellent opportunity to view and experience live tropical bugs from around the world. All the animals are alive and in tanks. Discover roughly 50 fascinating species including giant walking sticks, beautiful praying mantis, glow-in-the-dark scorpions, hairy tarantulas, and Canada’s largest ant colony. Knowledgeable tour guides will introduce you to the wonderful world of bugs, give a wealth of information about the animals on display, and provide a safe bug handling experience for the more adventurous. You can choose the level of interaction you have with our friendly animals. Don’t forget your camera to document this unique experience! The displays are ever changing so come in and be amazed by the extensive collection of invertebrates from around the world any time of the year. This stop is sure to thrill everyone; from children, adults, bug-lovers to even the more skeptical visitors! Tours always in progress, so no matter when you come, you are always right on time. Don’t miss this unforgettable, hands-on adventure while in Victoria, BC!
Charleston, Sc
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fun place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a tourist spot with restaurants, whaled expeditions etc. We enjoyed looking at the floating houses. It was a pleasant eay to spend a half hour.

Bolton, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fantastic for kids & adults alike.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Lots to see & do, interactive with some of the insects. Learned lots about the insects from the guide. Very interesting place to visit, would recommend to people of all ages. A must see when you're in Victoria

Kelowna, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Better than you might expect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was hesitant about going to this attraction, but I was pleasantly surprised. The display maybe small, but the experience in handling the bugs and the informative 'guide', made this a very fun experience. It really broke down the barriers that I previously had about certain insects, and I even held a tarantula, millipede, stick insects, scorpion, etc.

hamilton
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“This insect zoo cured my spider phobia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went here because my son loves insects. Little did I know what a lasting effect it would have on me. Firstly we all loved it. We found it by accident on a day trip over from Vancouver. We had a great guide who let us hold the insects whilst educating us about them all. My son was 8 and was mesmorised. We got to the tarantula's tank and my son was desperate to hold her. He wasn't allowed as he was too young. Because the guide was so good and explained so much about them when he begged me to hold her I forced myself. Well hey presto, after holding lots of the different insects and finally a lovely (yes really) fluffy calm (and well fed may I say) spider I came away without my phobia.
The penny dropped that these insects were totally harmless and beautiful in all their own ways and I have been able to out spiders out the door by hand since coming home. I am cured!!!!
Its a great place for the kids if you are in the area, don't miss it.

Visited July 2013
Crofton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Attraction!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Awesome attraction for people of all ages! We have 2 children, 1 girl that is 10yrs. old, and a boy which is 16yrs old. We found it fascinating learning about all the different kinds of bugs and some of their characteristics. Mark, our tour guide was awesome! He was very good with the kids and very informative.

Visited August 2013