We took my husband's parents to visit Victoria and stayed at the Helm's Inn.
1) The front desk staff were great!
2) The rooms were clean, well appointed
3) The location is EXCELLENT- I can't stress enough how great this location- its right by everything unless you can't walk at all.
4) My inlaws got the suite and its huge! We got a regular room and its tiny but adequate for people who only want to sleep there.
5) The price for the quality and location cannot be beat and believe me I did a lot of research.
1) There are three buildings, we were in the furthest west. It looks like they've taken bigger rooms and chopped them up to make the smaller rooms which is no big deal except the walls are SUPER thin. We got to hear quite a bit of "interesting" things from the couple next door. However, don't let this stop you from staying there, just take earplugs- we had rooms in Europe that were just as noisy.
2) Bed was good but like 90% of the places we've stayed all over the world, the pillows are like slabs of concrete. Not as bad as some ones we had in Bologna that actually made my ears hurt so I wrapped it in my sweater to try to get a little cushion.
3) There is no elevator so if you're on the 3rd floor you're hiking. Not a problem for my husband and I but my mom in law is 76 with bad vision and my father in law just turned 80. If you have any issues with that get a room in the main building on the first floor or on the second in the other two.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Helm's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helm`s Hotel Victoria
- Helms Hotel Victoria