Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$220
$306
$290
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Inner Harbour(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$235
$225
  • Breakfast included
$194
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2007

My husband and I booked this motel for one night, the last night of our vacation on Vancouver Ilsand.
We are not picky people, and quite used to get the most economical accommodation and to be content with that. This one was just dreadful. I agree with the previous review (from July 19th) entirely. For some reason Tripadvisor misguided us. There is no way that ANY hotel/motel would have such a crappy room! It's, in fact, our first experience to find a ridiculously small and depressingly dark room with horrible stains on the carpet, worn out TV stand covered with dust,not working conditioner - when we entered the room, a fan was working in vain. It was a hot weather, and we definitely needed some fresh air. By openning the window, we discovered another "great" feauture - a deafening noise from extremely busy Douglas street. Unbearable! Next day breakfast was slow because they have a waitress to deliver to you a toast, coffee, and not-so-freash fruit salad! Only these items are included into a complementary breakfast. While we were waiting, we "enjoyed" a dismal view of their inner yard with the dead plant in a big pot.
As I said, we are seasoned econmical travellers, but this is way too much. We paid $128.00 fro the room, and the only positive I can tell that never ever in my life I saw anything as bad as that. If you respect yourself, do not stay there.

2  Thank Scimpy

Thank you for your review and staying with us at the Super 8 Victoria

Reviewed July 18, 2007

Expected better after reading reviews in trip advisor. Our room was very small with two double beds. It was hard to pass one another. Elevator was tiny . . hard to get luggage carrier in with suitcases.

We are two adults travelling with our daughter and 4 year old granddaughter. Rate included breakfast for adults only. Children were excluded. This was hard to understand.

Children were not allowed into either restaurant for dinner. Another difficult thing to understand.

The laundry facility is on the third floor. My daughter went up to use and said it was dark and a little scary and smelt like curry.

Overall, it wasn't a terrible place to stay; but, we are used to better. I guess you get what you pay for. I did, however, expect more after reading reviews in trip advisor. I use trip advisor for all our trips and this was first disappointment.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank TCMSG
J B, Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2015

We appreciate your review. Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Victoria.

Reviewed July 1, 2007

Was a little nervous because reviews on this site were mixed. I visit Victoria about 5 times a year due to my children's squash and tennis tournaments. This hotel was clean, bright, quiet, and had very pleasant, though small, guest rooms. Complimentary breakfast at The Sixties Diner, with its booths, stainless steel, and "lunch counter" had me regaling my 15 year old daughter with stories of "the old days" when my mother would take me to Woolworths' diner for lunch. The rooms were clean, well decorated and quiet even though it is located on busy Douglas Street. Parking is free, harbour hotels can charge $8 per night. I would stay here again, and it is part of the Trip Rewards system.

Stayed: July 2007

Reviewed May 22, 2007

Stayed here for one night in early May 07. My intent was to visit Victoria.

Location is not the greatest as it is not within walking distance from the downtown core.

I had some difficulties with check-in. The first room I was given had severely stained carpets and the room had a foul odour. I asked at the front desk if they could do something about it just before I went to supper. On my return nothing was done. A second inquirey did get me a new room.

Rooms have a small fridge, toaster, microwave and coffee maker. They are not too bad if you need a place to stay for long-term.

Overall, this is a budget hotel that is slightly over-priced in my opinion ~$100.00 CAD with tax. I'm sure you could do better if you look around. Given that I had to drive,everywhere anyway, I am sure I could have found a better hotel a bit further out for the same money. In hindsight I would have paid a bit more to stay in the downtown core.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Thank your for your review and staying with us at the Super 8 Victoria

Reviewed September 10, 2006

We stayed here over the Labour Day Weekend
1st let me say I was very pleasantly surprised that it was a hotel not a motel, with a very nice Foyer great front desk staff.
Our room was very nice @ $80 per night it was amazing free wireless internet ,free local and 1800calls.
The room was very clean on arrival and the pretty girls kept it that way during our stay, giving us extra towels. You always need extra towels at a Super 8.
Free parking
The only downside I would say is that if you dont have a car you are a little far from the main centre, harbour etc. But of course its reflected in the price over $200 per night for that time of year
Our room had 2 Queen beds, there were other rooms bigger with a pullout sofa bed as well..
We will definitely book the Victoria Super 8 again

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Brats