“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #45 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Parksville, Canada
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Most of use take the time to complain but never take the time to compliment. I have been staying at the Super 8 for over 3 years because of the location, service and the staff. They go out of their way too assist me on my bi-weekly trips to Victoria fitting me in at the last minute when my schedule changes. I would highly recommend this location to anyone coming to Victoria.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
I'm at a loss for words Bill. In all the years I've been working behind the desk it has always been the return of guests like yourself that really make this job enjoyable. I can safely speak for all the staff here when I say we hope to see you again soon!

Next time you're in we'll have to talk about the fate of Luongo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Booked this Hotel for visiting family to stay in for the weekend. Was exactly what we needed. Clean rooms, reasonable prices, friendly staff. Easy access to the bus was a must for my family and with the bus stop right across the street from the Hotel, it was great. My Aunt loved that it was 2 blocks from a Mall, my cousins the FREE wifi and breakfast
All in all was the right place and the right price, we'll book it again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
J B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Thank you for offering us your feedback. Being able to offer great rates to families is the direction we've been heading for. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we would be happy to welcome to back to the Super 8 on a return trip to Victoria in future.
Bonnington
Reviewed May 3, 2012

this conveniently located hotel has a super friendly and helpful staff.....clean, quiet, close to what we wanted....will definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
J B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your insight. I'm glad the staff was able to help provide a positive stay for you and your family.

We hope to see you again the next time you decide to visit the Beautiful Garden City of Victoria.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My stay was made most enjoyable by friendly staff, helpful and ready to assist me on my travels. Would I stay again, I most certainly would, it was a pleasure to have all my questions answered about where to dine and activities in the area. Most enjoyable place to stay with a great price.

Room Tip: Individual choice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback. I will be sure to pass the kind words back onto the staff.

We hope in future to have the chance to invite you back to stay with us here at the Super 8 Victoria!
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2012

When you think it is bad it just gets worse! It was a good deal so we stayed but after no sleep I would tell people to pay more money for something better. The beds were truly uncomfortable. The street outside is busy so it is going with vehicles all night. You can hear big trucks and sirens constant. The area for the breakfast is just a small room. No care at all in the place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honesty, occasionally noise levels on the street side can be tough to tackle for in town properties.

We are currently improving the quality of the rooms, please accept my sincerest apologies that the bed was not top notch. We are really looking forward to a great 2012 and we are positive your feedback will help us move forward.

Travelers are raving about these Victoria hotels

Western Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We reluctantly booked this place and was very pleasantly surprised. The service at front desk was great and they upgraded us when they saw how much gear we had (month long family trip). So we had a kitchenette room. It was quiet and clean. The breakfast was a fairly typical continental included breakfast. The location was handy a short drive in to the town. Views from the room were very limited but for the price we paid I felt this hotel offered excellent value for money. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MelDuper
J B, Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 22, 2015
Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Victoria!
Orange County, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Super 8 is about 8 minutes from the down center so we made use of the bus and taxi. Room was worn, carpet spotted, but adequate adequate for our needs. We booked this at a bargain rate and feel we got our money's worth. The continental breakfast is extensive with many choices of cereal, hot drinks, and wonderful donuts and pastries. Also has a computer for guest use.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLJohnson
J B, Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 22, 2015
Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Victoria.