“Liked The Guild”
Review of The Guild

The Guild
Reserve with OpenTable
The Guild is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 1,188 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Victoria's signature Gastropub. Specializing in delicious West Coast cuisine, extensive rotating craft beer selection, feature cocktails, superb wine list, top-shelf scotch, whiskey, and bourbon offerings. Our Dinner Menu includes: house-ground Angus burger, clam linguine, aged rib-eye, sirloin steak, grilled eggplant, fish & chips, smoke salmon salad, goat cheese salad, smoked duck, Mussels, seared salmon, and many other dishes. Our Lounge Menu includes: truffle fries, marinated olives, scotch egg, poutine, edamame, kennebec chips, bacon in a glass, giant pretzel, put neuf chips, and many more. HAPPY HOUR: 3pm to 6pm every day; 9pm to close Sunday thru Thursday. Any three lounge menu items for $15. Half-Price Burger. Large Ploughman's Platter & Bottle of wine $59. Also, $4 sleeves of local craft beer, $4.50 single highballs; $6.50 double highballs; $7.50 feature cocktails; $6 house wine/$25 bottles; $6.50 prosecco/$35 bottles; $5 shafts.
Victoria, Canada
“Liked The Guild”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We almost didn't go to The Guild because of the dodgy reviews but I am glad we went. I don't really care about whether the food is British. What I really liked were the specials. By all appearances that's where the chef flexes his muscles. The octopus on a brandade was excellent. Octopus can be tough and brandade can sometimes be gluey but The Guild's version was tender and flavourful. You can still get a fab Scotch Egg on mustard pickle and a really great selection of beer but I want to see more of these lovely lighter offbeat dishes. Wine list needs work. I am really more of a wine drinker though the tasting panel of beers worked well for us --there were so many interesting ones. Would love to have a description of each beer on the menu just because there is such a wide variety.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Hez12

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Good food on Wharfe Street.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Liked this restaurant, saw it whilst walking around during the day and went back. Nicely appointed inside, bit like an old style trendy pub. Had a nice high table in the window. They have an amazing range of draught beers and an even larger range of bottles. Service was friendly and our food which we chose off the special blackboard was delicious. We had smoked salmon plate for starters and moules et frites for main. The mussels were some of the best we have tasted. We actually ordered two mains but there was some confusion with the order and we only received one. They offered immediately to bring another portion but as the one that had arrived was quite substantial we declined. Glad we did because this left room for deserts, we both had sticky toffee pudding which was delicious. Prices overall we found very reasonable.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Mike B
Victoria, BC
“Great staff, nice atmosphere, slightly dodgy food...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first visit to the Guild. The staff were friendly and helpful, and both the room and the location are attractive, but the food needs work. The three dishes I sampled were all poor in quality of preparation, and presentation. Hopefully the food will improve, but for now I'll just drop in for the occasional drink.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Liketospend
“Beautiful people”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped by for an "authentic" British meal on our one day in Victoria. My wife and I order the fish and chips which were fine. The kids had hamburgers, which were interestingly spiced and my wife commented she was unsure if they were real meat.

The extra point on the rating is for a very nice beer selection. I had the Phillips collaborative beer, since I wanted something local on our trip. The Scottish Ale my wife had was spot on (I'm a brewer) and if we had more time, I might have ordered a couple pints more.

The bar area is very authentic with dark wood and a knowledgeable staff. The interesting thing about the place was that the ENTIRE staff looked like they came out of magazine cover. This is the place to work if you're attractive!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Christo65
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
“The Best of Brit, in Victoria!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Absolutely wonderful food and beverages!! The Beer selection alone is well worth returning again and again (I highly recommend the "Dark Matter"). The menu is chocked full of authentic British fair with all of the expertise and ambiance to boot! Good natured and well-educated service and very reasonable $ for the area. The cheddar and ale soup is the greatest thing I have ever had on a spoon!! Keep it up Guild, we shall return =^]

• Visited June 2013