“I wish I had a better review for them, maybe next time.”
Review of Chui Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chui Restaurant
Ranked #803 of 1,212 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was heading to Santouka, but the line-up as usual was lengthy. As I didn't feel like waiting, i turned around and started heading to one of my other options. I saw Chui for the first time and was attracted by the decor, very well done by the designer. The crowd was exclusively Korean, which for me is usually a good sign: they were also very young, all in their twenties. This translated into some pretty loud techno music, which doesn't bother me, but definitely removes the restaurant from the older looking for a romantic evening crowd. Korean restaurants always provide some small accompaniments for your dinner. None of mine impressed, however I ordered a side of Kimchee and it was very good. I love pork belly with ramen so I decided to try the braised pork belly, thinking that it would be more like bulgogi than roast pork. Flavour-wise it was ok and the dipping sauce was tasty, but it was way too fatty. The Korean salad and the rice cakes were both very good. Service was really good, and the staff were really trying to please. It is for this reason alone that I would venture back, but this restaurant is not yet on my "must go to" list quite yet.