“Fresh, light, delicious.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Noodle Cart - CLOSED

Noodle Cart
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Korean, Thai, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Noodle Cart specializes in GREAT STREET FOOD! We offer Korean & Thai-inspired dishes, eat-in or take-out, 7 days a week for lunch & dinner! We're also more than just tasty eats! We offer daily drink specials and happy hour (from 3-5pm) 7 days a week too! Tasty food should always be accompanied by a tasty beverage. We're right downtown Victoria - stop in today!
Bothell, Washington
“Fresh, light, delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am half Thai and an instructor in Thai cooking. I am always on the lookout for a very good Thai restaurant. My wife and I are in Victoria to celebrate our anniversary and we wanted to kick our activities off right. We did a little online research and decided to try out Noodle Cart. We were not disappointed.

The service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant was clean and charming. The prices were VERY reasonable.

The Jungle Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls) was flavorful. The green jungle sauce was the star of this dish and I'm determined to recreated it when I get home.

The Drunken Noodles (Phad Khee Mao) was light and fresh. Most Thai restaurants overcook this dish. It had a good variety of vegetables and the noodles was well done.

The Naam Tok was tender and the sticky rice was properly steamed (not mushy). The Kaffir lime overtook the flavor a little bit and I wish this dish came with mint. Not that it is wrong without it. Just a different version.

Overall a very good meal and I will go back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Buckingbison

Penticton, Canada
“Great food, odd service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I enjoy a lot about this place -- the food is really quite tasty (and authentic, but with some odd fusion dishes snuck in here and there on the menu) and it's got a fun atmosphere, but don't expect much from the service.

The restaurant itself is delightfully decorated -- the front counter is a noodle cart and the all the walls are painted in an extended mural to simulate a Thai street. I live and work close by and I've been in here a number of times to grab take away, and that is a fast service item. The one time I attempted to sit in for my lunch hour, I waited 50 minutes and my food didn't come. I commented to my server that the kitchen must be in the weeds, as it looked busy, and she said "oh no, this is a normal lunch". I imagine she was either glossing over a bad day or telling me that she'd become inured to this slow service. I got up and took my lunch to go. I don't think they see many repeat lunch visitors.

I tried again in the evening just this week. Three of us each ordered a different meal, and each one came to the table separately. Mine came, and I toyed with it awkwardly while my friends told me to 'eat while it was hot'. Another dish came, and another long awkward interval. Finally the third came. The dishes are not made for sharing in the usual Asian food style, so it was a very noticeable thing.

So, I highly recommend the food here, but at the same time, be prepared for weird service out of the kitchen, and a wait staff that don't seem to notice anymore.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LorisReviews
Toronto
“Get the Sweet Chilli Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I would make a special trip to Noodle Cart just to get the Sweet Chilli Fish. Crispy coating, perfectly cooked fish, spicy sauce with pineapple for sweetness.

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Real authentic Thai food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I heard of this restaurant from a friend of mine who is originally from Thailand so I was quite excited about visiting there. The decision I made did not disappoint my boyfriend and me. I personally have been there twice at two different occasions of visit to Victoria while living in Nanaimo. Tom ka (coconut milk soup) was absolutely delicious with prawns. Papaya salad and chicken satay with sticky rice were an amazing combination. Green and red curry were both great. Massaman curry was slightly on the sweeter side comparing to the Thai restaurant I used to work at. Overall, it was great! We'll definitely go back when I get time to drive down again!! Highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Whitecourt, Canada
“Very delicious Thai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for some spicy soup to warm us up on a cold day. They have a huge menu! We had the Tom yum soup with noodles, jungle rolls, and chicken satay. The soup had just the perfect amount of spice, there were peanuts for texture and ground pork. The glass noodles were firm, not mushy. The jungle rolls had lots of crunch and came with a delicious green sauce (maybe cilantro), the chicken satay was tender, and came with satay and a different, clear sweet sauce with cucumbers and carrots. Our server was friendly and helpful making suggestions. I would return.