“Home away from home!”

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We are frequent guests at the Marriott Victoria, with family living nearby, and it is like our home away from home. The location is excellent - we park our car and never use it during our stay. We bring our bikes and they have an area where you can lock your bikes or they will store them in a cage. The rooms are always clean and are continually being updated. The staff are very friendly and have gotten to know us over the years. It is a good value, especially during the off season. If I had to pick one thing to critique, it would be that the parking cost is a bit high. You can park on the street for free during certain periods and we have done this to avoid the hotel fee. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room away from the elevators but we've never had much issue with noise...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Usual Marriott standard - very good. The location is perfect being just 5 minutes walk from the inner harbour. From there you can walk, jump on a bus tour or climb aboard a water taxi all within 5 minutes of the hotel. There are also plenty of places to eat nearby which are great. The hotel is fairly new and is of a good standard.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a fairly new hotel. It is about 2 blocks from the inner harbour behind the Empress. It is an easy walk to the attractions around the harbour. It was reasonably priced. The rooms are nice. The kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool. The hotel seemed quite except in the morning when people were leaving for the day. Underground parking is good. We did not use the restaurant.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
JMThomson, General Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour. We are pleased you had an enjoyable experience and had the opportunity to enjoy the amenities and attractions of Victoria.

We would be delighted to welcome you back if your travels bring you to Victoria again.

Regards,

Stephen Roughley

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and really enjoyed our time in Victoria. The Marriott is a beautiful property with top notch service from the door, valet, front desk, concierge, to restaurant staff. Perfect location for walking to harbor, activities and shopping. The room decor is very high quality. Definitely would recommend and stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Susan B
JMThomson, General Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Victoria Marriott. We are delighted your experience was exceptional. We truly appreciate the recognition of our associates and the service they provided during your stay. Victoria is wonderful place to visit and provides many amenities and attractions to enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Stephen Roughley

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times. My most recent stay was April 2014, and I recommended it to my boyfriend for our anniversary, as a getaway to Victoria for the weekend.
First of all, excellent location. We didn't use the car at all. We walked everywhere! Lots around, and it's in a quiet area of Victoria.
The front desk staff are very friendly and courteous.
Our room was one king and very spacious, with large windows. Truth be told, no REAL view but I didn't mind, I could look outside down on the quiet street.
The beds are marvelous, very comfortable. The robes are - well, I want to buy one! The room is very quiet!
We had room service one evening. I believe I had a pizza, which was delicious and I know I remember having a flourless chocolate cake which was to die for! It was so good. I still think about it. It was a bit pricey but well worth the meal and service!
This hotel in the off season is fairly reasonable, and actually I've only ever stayed in the off season. I was surprised being a Marriott. A few years ago, my mum came to visit me when I was going to school there and paid $99/night. My most recent trip was around $115. Amazing!
Love this place. Will always go back!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ebullience
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for two nights. Great location that allowed us to walk everywhere near downtown. Great rooms with balcony. Very clean. Beds were great. Bathroom excellent. Staff was friendly and courteous. Parking came at a small cost, and well worth it. Very convenient, allowing us to enter with room key and leave on our own. We were on the 11th floor and had tiny view of water, but mostly the back of the Empress. Still, very nice. Room service breakfast (we don't do this often) was fast, on-time, piping hot and the meal was great. We did laundry one night. That was very convenient. Only minor, minor dings for lack of a chair or two on the balcony, which was roomy. And, there was an occasional wait for elevators. When I return to Victoria, I'll return here, too.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank blc2000
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour for 4 nights and loved every minute of it. The entire staff is VERY friendly and professional; however, we have to give extra kudos to the concierge, Stephen--sometimes he's working in the concierge lounge and sometimes he working at the concierge desk in the lobby--he was a wealth of information. I'm sure we drove him crazy with all of our questions, but he was always MORE than patient with us, had suggestions for everything we asked about, knew driving distances for everywhere we wanted to drive, gave us suggestions of things to see/do on our driving trips. Just a great guy overall. The hotel is only 2 blocks from the harbour, so in an excellent location, although there aren't any views of the harbour as they are blocked by the Fairmont Empress Hotel. Budget and National Rental Cars are directly across the street from the hotel, so VERY easy to rent a car from them. There are NUMEROUS restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel--so many that you will have a hard time deciding where to eat. The breakfast buffet at the Marriott is excellent.

Room Tip: There doesn't appear to be any views of the harbour from any of the rooms, so I think any room w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple