“Right in the area - great location”

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Calgary, Canada
“Right in the area - great location”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Just on the back side of Victoria conventions center, this hotel is ideally located to be walking distance to many sites. A block from the front door of the Fairmont Empress Hotel. About 3-4 blocks from the downtown mall. 2 Blocks from harbour. I had a corner room which was wonderful and spacious. (714) bed was dreamy and loved the bathroom as it had ample of counter space.
The staff was very friendly however there did seem to be absence of staff. When checking in and out there was only one staff on. Food at hotel was top notch and reasonable.

Room Tip: request a corner room. larger than the others
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Came and stayed here with some of our guests for our wedding reception. The staff was incredible and the hotel fantastic. Everything was perfect and the attention to detail was second to none. I can't say enough about this hotel and the amazing people that worked here during our three night stay. Always friendly, smiling, and helpful. Every nuance was considered and no detail too small to be overlooked. The event and our stay was perfect. Our eternal thanks to the staff at the Marriott Victoria Inner Harbour!

• Stayed October 2013
tunaoue
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Me and the Mrs. are on a driving vacation mostly up the Pacific Coast from California. Our turn-around point will be here in Victoria BC. We boarded the only auto-transport ferry to Victoria from Port Angeles, Washington, USA. Ferry cost for two people and one car (under 18-feet) was $77, one-way.
My wife is a Marriott member, and I used to be the kitchen supervisor for a Marriott in the Los Angeles area, so we're both fans. We called ahead and told them two adults and two small dogs (pugs). They explained it would be an additional $10 per dog, per night. No problem, we understand.
Arrived at the Marriott, checked-in and began unloading a dozen suit cases (wife has back problems, so she brings her "stuff"), took me three trips. Bellhop commented "Dude, are you staying here for a month?" We used the Valet for the car.
The hotel was also accommodating a couple youth hockey teams, so there were a on of kids and their parents and coaches attending too. It was great -- kids have a way of bring places like this alive. They were all cordial and well behaved
Got situated in room 407 - corner room, fairly easy access. Nice and roomy - for a basic hotel.
Room was clean, well stocked, well furnished, 6 pillows on a king sized bed.
Bathroom was very clean, nice towels. Bathing was the standard tub/shower; not a Jacuzzi type.
After settling in, we drove around town trying to find shops that we'd seen before. One shop in particular was a huge Christmas store that we could never find. We think it is gone now. Minor bummer, but loads of other things to see and do.
That night my wife wanted hot chicken soup - (the weather was chilly by California standards). I went to the restaurant and spoke to the hostess. She said "Chicken soup is not on the menu". I explained to her that I used to cook for paychecks, in fact I used to run the kitchen at a Marriott as the head cook and "Production Supervisor". When ever a customer asked for ANYTHING I would do whatever I could to make it happen -- even if it were hot fried won ton stuffed with pumpkin ice cream. "Chicken noodle soup should be very easy to do".
She checked with the kitchen and they said they'd make my soup from scratch.
THAT is what I'm EXPECTING. Cost: $7, charged to the room.
The soup turned out to be a beef broth with hand-made spinach pasta noodles and vegetables. not the chicken that I asked for, but excellent none the less.
Breakfast was either menu or breakfast buffet. Buffet had standard waffles, eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, drinks and yogurts - and other stuff that I can't remember at this writing. Cost for standard breakfast buffet: $18 per person.
The location is good, depending on what you'd like to do. Most local shopping is walking distance, the awesome architecture of 100 year-old buildings is only a few blocks away.
When I was traversing the International border, but iPhone notified me that something was up. It no longer worked, so when I got to a Wi-Fi area, I contacted my son to contact our carrier (Verizon) to unlock our phones for International use. (I considered doing this before, but wasn't sure what to expect). REMEDY: I went to The Bay shopping mall a few blocks north west. I discussed with a few Cell Phone carriers and settled on a DATA-ONLY play with Rogers for $10/month to start a new account. I had to buy a SIM card for another $10, so a little over $22, I had a functional GPS for getting around Canada. Cool, huh?
Minor incident: we got a call from the front desk saying the housekeeper reported that we had pets in our room. My wife told them "Yes, we told you that when we made reservations, it's on our initial statement that we're charged extra for it, plus we brought the dogs up to the desk during check-in. You gave us doggy treats."
Front desk said "Oh!, . . . well, you need to come down and sign a pet damage form, they forgot to have to do this". So my wife signed the form a while later.
We stayed there for 2 nights and headed back. Two nights with some minor charges to the room and gratuities and taxes totaled $555 USD. Not complaining, just keeping you informed.
We'd probably stay at this Marriott again, although there are MANY other options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tunaoue
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I am a Marriott card member and chose to stay at the Inner Harbour location for the Canadian Remembrance Day long weekend. I had specifically asked not be next to an Elevator and got just that right across from the Elevator. I am detailed oriented and I if specifically requested no Elevator that should be honoured or that I be at least advised at check-in. I also asked for a late check-out 3 days later and was denied. I later learned other travelling couples with us were given late check-out. Parking rates are $16 per night or $20 for Valet. Its expensive, and my preference and 1 request when not taking seriously. I will not be staying at this Marriott any time soon.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Thank you for giving us the best family vacation stay while we visited Victoria.
We had a lovely warm welcome from the check in, luggage help, and concierge desk.
The hotel location is great. I didn't rent a car for the trip, and was able to walk to most of the tourist trap ( I mean the tour destination) easily.
We were traveling with a 22 mo & 4 mo old babies. The city itself is very stroller friendly.

Def will recommend this hotel to the follow traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good location for walking downtown. Very helpful and friendly staff and spacious, comfortable room. Very clean and bathroom good size with plenty of counter top space. Very enjoyable couple of days, both for business and pleasure.

Juneau, Alaska, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent value for a convenient location in Victoria. Staff is very friendly. Facility is clean, comfortable and modern. Highly recommended! Rooms were well appointed, excellent shower, good view. The concierge was informative and helpful. Location is very central and close to shopping, etc.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends