“Great Staff!”

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times and really appreciate their staff, they are all friendly helpful polite and have a great sense of humour. they go out of their way to help even in the middle of the night. the rooms have good views. everything is within walking distance.good food in the restaurant too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sherda

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent four nights at the Inner Harbour Marriott in Victoria while attended a training seminar held at the Victoria Convention Center.

Check-in was pleasant and efficient with everything well organized and in place prior to our arrival. My luggage was delayed and did not arrive until late in the evening. Staff were all familiar with the airline practices and made sure that my bag was deleivered as soon as possible after I arrived.

The rooms are spacious and clean with nice amenities. My room had a long hallway that used up quite a bit of space but once in the room is is nicely laid out. The bed is comfortable and the linens were crisp and very clean.

The hotel is well situated in the downtown area and is close to the harbour which makes walking to anything I wanted to do very easy.

While staying at the hotel they had a planned power outage which they communitcated and planned very well for.

I notice one previous reviewer commented the elevators are very slow and I do agree but I didn't find that to be a concern.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Wonderful staff, great location. This was our second stay and we returned because our first experience was so good! They gave us a good rate as a government worker. I love their Bath and Body Works shampoo etc. I learned about it last trip and the orange ginger is my very favorite of the scents! Our room was made up perfectly!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had an enjoyable 3-night stay here in late October. As many others have stated, the location is central to just about everything downtown and most all tourist venues are within easy walking distance. Be aware that the "Hop on Hop off" bus tour ends at the end of September.
My room was on the 10th floor facing the Northeast and provided a view of other hotels and buildings. For a view of the harbor you will need a much higher floor and one that faces Southwest. I was hoping my Platinum status would have warranted an upgrade to a harbor view and a higher floor, but evidently not. I had booked a "Superior" room which was a little on the small size but provided two large corner windows for a generous view. They also open for fresh air. I had occasion to use them when the air conditioning malfunctioned. I agree with others who have complained about the slowness of the elevators - there are three and they are slow. My other concern about the room is the TV is secured back inside this armoire-type cabinet which will only allow the TV to be viewed from the bed. If you are watching from the arm chair, part of the screen is blocked by the cabinet - annoying.
The Concierge Lounge was adequate - nice view but the food was hit and miss. There was the usual selection of fruits and yogurts and cereals, but not much else. One day there was oatmeal and the next was scrambled eggs which were forgettable.
Getting to the hotel was very easy from the Victoria airport. There is a shuttle service (AKAL I think) just outside the luggage claim area which will take you to your hotel for $21 for single passenger or $19 for each member of a group - quick and efficient.
Overall, this is a nice hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to return despite the few quibbles noted above.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 48traveler
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I travel a ton and like other guests staying here we . . . .all . . . remarked the same during our prolonged waits for the elevators to arrive promptly . . . . they never do show up quickly - they have 3 main ones and they are for some reason very slow.
Like most Marriotts their check in is politely average and their chef is way above average - the food at this hotel is truly outstanding.
If I was to stay in Victoria again I would stay at a hotel offering/commanding a water/harbourview . . . maybe they have them on higher floors!
Best of travels to you, this hotel offers no nasty surprises just plan on getting to your foor elevator a few minutes earlier than necessary.

Room Tip: ask for either low or high numbers and the mid numbers face their three elevators
Reviewed October 19, 2012

So, I usually stay at higher ranked hotels but then again, I usually end up paying more. I had to attend a conference and this was perfect. This is not a hotel you would stay at and expect the kids to enjoy pool time, nor should you expect to be able to swim laps. They did offer a clean comfy bed with modest amenities. There is seating area in the lobby and it appears clean and roomy. The showers were small and average. I would stay here again if coming to town for business. I would probably stay somewhere else if the family was with me.
Walking through the Empress, I felt this place was cleaner and quieter.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while attending a conference. There was a slight mix up with my reservation, however the young man at the front desk was very accommodating and rectified the problem professionally. The rooms are adequate and the beds and linens comfortable. We did not eat at their on site facility, but found a great selection of places within easy walking distance around the inner harbour. I was very impressed with the lobby staff from the bellboys to concierge........extremely friendly and smiling. I did not enter the hotel once without someone greeting me. I would stay at this hotel again without question.