“Not just for breakfast”

The Clay Pigeon
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We ate at Clay Pigeon twice whilst in Victoria for 4 nights in May.
The 1st was a breakfast/brunch and the second an evening meal on our last night.
We chose the Clay Pigeon because we had enjoyed the brunch and it felt as if we were experiencing real "Canadian" food.
The evening meal is casual dining, the service was great and food very tasty with a twist.
The real bonus is the price which was very reasonable for the quality we had.
Definitely the a great finish to our Victoria visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

A friend of mine suggested that we try clay pigeon restaurant while we are visiting, and we went today for lunch. The small room was very busy. The staff were attentive and friendly, especially the server wearing the nice textured red pants.
I tried their bison tongue Reuben sandwich with the kale slaw. Both were excellent. My husband tried the chicken salad sandwich and had devil egg as a starter. He really enjoyed both.
We will definitely return

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This little cafe has the BEST breakfast that we had on our week-long trip. We both ordered Fritt-wiches both mornings because they are so darn good. We wanted to try all sorts of restaurants on our trip, but this one kept us coming back for more. Their other breakfast sandwiches looked delicious also, but we loved our Fritt-wich so much we couldn't deviate. Great value too at less than $10 per person.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

And by that I mean flavorful. How things taste is what matters here. Everything we had was quite good. Portions aren't exactly huge, but are adequately sized. A repeat visit a couple of weeks after the first visit was a similar experience. Both visits were for dinner. Takes a while for the food to come (even when they're not busy).. but it's well worth the wait if you're not in a hurry. Has a bit of a Euro feel. Seating is tight.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

At a new job in a new city, I went with my coworker here for lunch last week. To my delight, they had gluten-free bread and buns from Origins Bakery (haven't been there yet to stock up). We had excellent coffee and great sandwiches. Mine was roast beef -- rare, and ethically-sourced. It came with pan-dripping aioli and arugula, plus a handful of crisp root chips. My coworker had the chicken salad sandwich, which is a poor name for what she got: it came on a 6-inch subway bun with pistachios, sun-dried cranberries, apple and greens. Just fantastic. The service was warm and personal.

I walked by there last Sunday when I got off work at 5:30pm and it was busy with the supper crowd, happy people with wineglasses in hand. They have tables outside on the sidewalk where diners enjoyed seared wild salmon and roast pork with Czech dumplings. I can't wait to bring out-of-town guests there this summer. Some of the offerings include crispy oysters, lamb stew, and crispy fried pig's ear (which the owner assured us was quite tasty. Next time, for sure.)

They're (amazingly) open every day for breakfast at 7:30, and don't close until 10pm. The perfect place to unwind and be spoiled with great food.