“Slow”

Bella
Ranked #321 of 1,212 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh, local, inviting – discover well­-being through inspired West Coast fare and breathtaking views at Bella. Choose from a selection of house­-made pastas, fresh seafood, aged beef and modern takes on traditional classics.
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

The service was very slow and it took 2 hours for our main course to arrive. The atmosphere does not feel Italian either. I started with the prawns which were ok. The I had the filet which was very good but only a 6 ounce, I usually order a 12 ounce when it's available. Since the meal took 2 hours the restaurant comped it which helped. I don't plan on returning.

There are newer reviews for Bella

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our party of four included two 18 year olds.
We all ordered appetizers as part of our dinner meal. The server was friendly and gave us helpful information about ingredients.
My son ordered the beef carpaccio for 16 dollars, which turned out to be two wafer thin slices artfully arranged on a bed of lettuce. He ate it in 3 seconds, The main courses were also beautifully presented and flavourful, but for the young adult males, not enough. I gave the boys some money and they went off to fill up @ Timmy's! Not quite the end we expected to a fine dining experience.
We adults enjoyed our meals and the portions, although on the small side, were adequate.
Expensive fare, so I would not recommend this place if you like to feel "full" after a meal!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I decided to go for breakfast this morning and chose to try this restaurant. It was a bit overpriced for the amount of food you received, but the quality of food was good. My husband is celiac so they were able to work with that. They even had gluten-free bread available. He had the fruit smoothie and quite enjoyed it. We're not sure if we'll be back to the restaurant any time soon, but it was nice to try it out.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Had lunch here with a friend on May 4/12. Pizza, minnestrone soup and antipasto platter were all very tasty. Americano coffees were delicious. Thought the furniture in the restaurant was a little tired looking and there were very few people dining. However, all in all this was a pleasant experience and would dine here again.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Met friends for Italian dinner, located at the back of the Westin Hotel at Bear Mountain. First of all, there was a large banquet in another part of the hotel, so parking was almost impossible to find. The restaurant has been changed from another format to the modern Italian. The former restaurant was in the beautiful setting, with overpriced food and no atmosphere, therefore we didn't return. This new format had nice food, yet it was still overpriced and we were hungry after we finished. Pasta in the low $20 range, with just a small amount in a deep bowl. Our salads were extra $ and bread was served for the table with balsamic and olive oil dip. The spaghetti and meatballs was not seasoned or flavourful, and the thin crust pizza was like cheese bread. For $ 16 I would expect more.
Service was very good, but the food was bland and the atmosphere felt like going to my parents' golf clubhouse, just not comfortable.
Sorry, still can't say this is worth your visit.