“Great staff who go above and beyond”

Capital City Center Hotel
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had left a very expensive jacket at the hotel and they were able to courier it to me overnight! that is personalized service and speaks to the honest housekeeping team. The rooms and pool is very nice and I would highly recommend this hotel to young adults and families. The price is right!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights and it was nice but definitely had room for some improvements. The front desk staff hardly spoke 2 words to us and when coming and going, they didn't even acknowledge us when we were the only people in the lobby. Aside from that, the room was nice and included a refrigerator which was quite handy. When opening our bedroom window, there was a flat roof. It was obvious that someone (probably their staff) were going out there to smoke as there was trash and it frequently smelled of cigarettes in the hall. The location was convenient and close to downtown but still quiet. Parking was available across the street but was on a slope.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2014

It was close enough to downtown without being too noisy and quite convenient to get around to all the sights of Victoria. The hotel is quite old, but you can see they are doing their best to update the rooms where possible. The rooms do not offer any food items or drinks but you do receive the basics in the bathroom and they were quite clean and comfortable. There are drink machines on most floors. The TV stations are very limited. Some of the staff lacked a little professionalism and could do with some education. Overall it is pretty good value for an average hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rit S
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last winter.The room was good value for the monthly rate.Over all the room was clean,comfortable and quiet as can be expected under these circumstances.Free parking is appreciated since the hotel is centered downtown and most things are within a short walking distance.The staff are polite and helpfull.Courteous cleaning staff once a week.I would come back again if I'm in town.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank John H
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had an extended stay in this hotel and found it was a good experience. As a young female living alone I felt secure and the staff saw to any problems I had in a timely fashion. There are security cameras on ever floor as well as the parking lot. My car was perfectly safe in the designated parking lot. Furthermore, the street I find has become much more pleasant after Soprano's Bar closed down.

I found the location to be excellent. It is walking distance from downtown and close to bus routes.

The facilities are good too. The newly renovated rooms are very nice, especially the beds and TVs. The is restaurant in the hotel has excellent food. The staff overall are polite and helpful. The only downsides are that the internet is not best and the walls are quite thin. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sara D
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Don't judge this place by the front facade or the lobby decor, they are both just average. Both the staff and the rooms are above average.

The front desk representative, Adrian and the housekeeping staff went above and beyond to anticipate and fulfill our needs.

Rooms were obviously rehabbed fairly recently. Nice furnishings, good TV and very clean.

I didn't expect much walking in and was very pleased with my experience.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alantravelreviewa
TTGeneralManager, General Manager at Capital City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

We here at the Capital City Center Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. The hotel has been recently upgraded and is now working on the exterior. I personally appreciate the positive comments regarding our staff for they are a great bunch of hard working individuals who always try to anticipate our guests needs and requirements. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I had checked into the hotel earlier in the day. The check in attendent was quite friendly and professional. However later in the evening when I retired to my room the desk attendant was rude, antagonistic, Suspicious of our whereabouts, and basically a completely miserable dick. Beware the fat bald guy..

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CarolineCrast

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The Hotel enforces a Quiet Time policy between 11pm and 7am within our guestrooms as well as hallways, stairwells and common areas. To assure that all guest receive a comfortable safe accommodations our staff are required to only allow registered hotel guests access to these areas. While many appreciate our diligence I can understand that you may have felt uncomfortable. If you wish to supply more details please contact me at GM@capitalcitycenterhotel.com

Travelers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Days Inn Victoria Uptown
Burnside
Ramada Victoria
Ramada Victoria
#45 of 47 in Victoria

Been to Capital City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Capital City Center Hotel

Address: 1961 Douglas St, Victoria, British Columbia V8T 4K7, Canada (Formerly City Center Hotel)
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Best Value Hotel in Victoria
Price Range: $69 - $142 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Capital City Center Hotel 3*
New upgraded hotel walking distance to Save on Foods Memorial Center and Downtown Victoria. Hotel features 84 Guest with Free Wifi, Free Guest Services Computer, Free Parking. Featuring the only Licensed Poolside garden Deck in Victoria. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Capital City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
City Hotel Victoria