“Simply the Best”

Chocolat Chocolatiere de Victoria
Ranked #22 of 40 Dessert in Victoria
Description: Our selection of chocolates are handcrafted in small batches using the finest ingredients and the most superior raw French and Belgian chocolate. At our quaint downtown chocolaterie, we create our own chocolates using unique flavours such as saffron, matcha, wasabi and lavender. Here you can also find no sugar added and dairy free truffles and chocolate bars. Explore and taste our most recent additions of single origin chocolate bars! Come in and enjoy a cup of spicy chili hot chocolate, mole latte or a dense cup of hot chocolate with a treat of your choice; the discriminative chocolate connoisseur can sample few of our irresistible chocolate temptations or an in house-made raspberry velvet tart or hedgehog cheesecake.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My daughter and I dropped in to select a few special chocolates to share at home after we had a long walk through tree lined streets of Victoria. We selected 8 different chocolates with varied combinations of ingredients including chili, wasabi, matcha, coconut, lime, mango and passionfruit. What a treat! They were simply the best I have ever had. Although we live in a city that boasts Roger's, Purdy's and Callebaut, this chocolatier rises above the rest. The dark chocolate itself was of outstanding quality and the blend and balance of the ingredients was perfect. Will definitely return to try the cakes and hot chocolate.

1  Thank Mabes_PNW

Reviewed November 9, 2013

A beautiful assortment of chocolates, drinks and baked goods. Interior is intimate and only accommodates a few for eat-in, a small price to pay for the great location at the heart of downtown. Did not have the opportunity to sample the drinks or bar chocolates, but the individuals have always been up to standard, priced by weight and simply boxed. All flavours were true to name, the creams a beautiful consistency and those packing heat showing a particular skill (mango chili, wasabi cashew to name two).Other standout chocolates included a matcha green tea and pumpkin spice, the perfect antidote to the chilly weather outside. For a true experience in chocolate elegance skip the chains and try this local treat.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Exceptional chocolates. Check their website for pictures of the fabulous selection. I went prepared with my little list because I knew it would be too hard to choose if I didn't have a game plan. We bought six: three for me, three for him. I had the chili and dark chocolate (a real kick), 75% cocoa truffle (velvet on my tongue) and pink Himalayan sea salt on dark chocolate with a caramel centre (heaven and how could I go wrong?). He had dark rum barrel, Italian coffee and the 75% cocoa truffle. Judging by the groans of pleasure, the right choices were made. We spread these out over three nights, one delectable treat each night after dinner and we really looked forward to it.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stopped in this delightful little chocolate shop during a trip to Victoria, and ordered the special Hot Chocolate and a delicious chocolate ganache tart. The hot chocolate was a real treat, not too sweet, very rich and memorable. The tart was out of this world delicious, with a crisp vanilla cookie type crust, and fresh raspberries covered in a scrumptious chocolate ganache type filling. A good place to people watch too, if you sit at their counter looking over the street.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had the best cup of hot chocolate made with a special chocolate with water and a little sugar. I can still taste and feel it in my veins a week later. Delicious handmade candies that were quite different. An absolute must to stop in.