“Couldn't fault the meal or the service.”
Review of The Loghouse Pub - CLOSED

The Loghouse Pub
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Couldn't fault the meal or the service.”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Loghouse Pub is an attractive looking building with a large parking lot on the edge of Langford. We have only ever been there for lunch, and have only ever had good food & service. I don't really know if it was one of the best meals I've ever had, but it was certainly the best Monte Cristo sandwich I have had. The only criticism I would add is that the tables are quite close together and would feel very cramped if the place was full.

• Visited February 2014

Tacoma, Washington
“The "Cheers" of Victoria!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The atmosphere is just so friendly! There are plenty of servers and the food portions are ample enough to share! The people who frequent The LogHouse are there to have a good time just like you.
We have been there many times and have always left knowing we'll be back. We made reservations in order to have a seat for the SeaHawk game on the 11th of January and glad we did!! Soon after the game started, the place was packed with like minded fans...all cheering the Hawks on to victory!
There are plenty of television sets on the walls, so there is not a bad seat in the house!
Visit once and you'll be a fan for life!
Also, last but certainly not least...they offer free shuttle service for those who know better than to drive home after "one too many"!

• Visited January 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent food & staff”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Have been to The Loghouse Pub several times in the past 20 years. The last time was last week & everything was delicious. Service was attentive & friendly. I had the clam chowder bread bowl & enjoyed the traditional style with lots of potatoes & carrots. My friend had a reuben & ceasar salad. Again, delicious.
Time before that was a few months prior & I had the Ahi Tuna burger. Cooked perfectly. Suggested by the waitress as her fave. Mine too but I wanted to try something different. Large portions. Onion rings were possibly home made, thick onion pieces.

Its a pub setting. Average atmosphere. Lots of tables, easily cater to groups.

• Visited January 2014
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Really nasty Server and No Service we walked out”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have been here before and liked it but this time it was soo baaaddd. The manager (i think)who was serving tables ignored us for 10 mins and finally asked what drinks. Showed up with them and then proceeded to ignore us for 25 minutes. Hubby spoke her name, as she was going by and she just jumped on him barking "don't you holler at me. then "what do you want? "told her we wanted to order food, she leaned on the table fixed us with a hateful glare and growled "yah' and pinned me with eyes that said I hate you." Hubby said forget it, finished his beer paid and walked out. She needed to have her sorry behind fired over that one. There was no way on any planet that we deserved to be treated like that or spoken to like we were the biggest pains in the butt We saw she was busy, and did NOT holler her name.
We will go back but if it is busy we will leave and we won't have her serve us. She is just plain awful. Put her somewhere in the back where she doesn't have to deal with any stress. she can't handle it.The upshot is that they had unsatisfied customers, messingup orders, too busy and she had to take it out on someone, and we wore it.
Normally I like the place and go there often.

• Visited June 2013
“Terrible service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went for breakfast this morning. Canada day long weekend. Was completely ignored for 20 minutes. Was told that servers hadn't shown up. Finally ordered breakfast my husband's order was wrong. At that point after waiting so long didn't bother to say anything. My toast came 10 minutes after my breakfast was served. Tried to get the servers attention...nothing and the entire time the owner was there and did nothing. I would think in the interest of customer service you would at least address the situation and fix it. Very Dissapointed.

• Visited June 2013