2,447 results
All reviews koi pond washing machine full kitchen rooftop garden cod fish luxury suite living room bc ferries beautiful hotel soaker tub heated floors within walking distance home away from home downtown victoria corner suite beacon hill park there is no air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2018

We stayed 3 nights & loved it, beyond my expectations & very good rates. We have stayed @ 7 other hotels over the years including The Empress. We had a very spacious kitchenette unit with deck that opened from bedroom & living room. The place was kept spotless from a lovely & friendly cleaning woman. I liked having a dishwasher & bigger fridge than those bar size ones. Loved the heated tiled floors in bathroom during the middle of the night. Location is great, 2 blocks from Douglas & 2 blocks from museum & IMAX as we went to see the Egypt exibit. Was quiet @ night as no bars near. Underground secured parking. Definitely will make this our go to hotel when in Victoria.

Room tip: #301 had a den so if more than 2 people this would be good.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ParksideHotel810, Front Office Manager at The Parkside Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear valap132014,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Parkside Hotel & Spa for your recent 3 night stay in Victoria.

I am thrilled to hear that your experience was beyond your expectations! I am so glad that you enjoyed and found great value in the amenities that set our suites apart from the average hotel room, such as a dishwasher and a larger fridge.

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip, I am pleased you also had a chance to explore the Egypt Exhibit at the Royal BC Museum. We would love to be your go to hotel while in Victoria! Our team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

excellent hotel--lots of room to breath. Beautifully appointed common area. Lacks a restaurant but lots around the area. Loved the Koi pond and the super long soaker tubs. Nice pool. Very clean and restful. Lots of walking areas around the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ParksideHotel810, Front Office Manager at The Parkside Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Dear Trek778674,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Parkside Hotel & Spa. I am happy to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the beautiful suite soaker tub, 25-metre indoor pool, and koi pond. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Our whole family stayed @ Parkside Hotel on the recommendation of another family member. We loved it! Our 2Y/O Daughter and my 12 Y/O Niece loved the pool (it's great, the temperature is great, you can swim laps, there are life jackets and pool toys, the Hot Tub is spacious, the pool deck and change rooms are clean) The suites were perfect, we'll definitely stay here if we come back for a longer stay. It was lovely to have a full fridge and stove, coffee maker, toaster, everything. They also rent pack n' play's just FYI! The location is unbeatable, walkable to everywhere downtown that you want to be.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear MeredithHoman,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, I am thrilled to hear that you found us based on a recommendation from another family member! I am very happy to read that your family loved our hotel facilities and found our fully equipped suites perfect for your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

This hotel is amazing - lovely ambiance - great pool, and the rooms are magnificent. I've stayed here for a staycation a few times and is by far one of my favorite hotels.. Staff are so great, they have a movie theater and you are walking distance to everything downtown.
Highly highly recommended.

Room tip: Tower B is definitely quieter as it faces away from the street
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear travellorpam,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Parkside Hotel & Spa for your staycations, it is our pleasure to have you as a repeat guest. I am delighted to hear that we are one of your favourite hotels and we greatly appreciate you highly recommending us to others on TripAdvisor. I am happy to see that you enjoy so many of our wonderful facilities, including our 25-metre indoor pool and movie theater.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I chose the Parkside because I generally prefer to support independent boutique businesses over large corporate chains. I am a local of Victoria and would like to see local businesses succeed. Sadly, the Parkside was a mistake.

I recently reserved a massage at the Parkside Spa and was met with very poor customer service. The night before an afternoon appointment, I was faced with an emergency situation that conflicted with my appointment. I called in the opening minutes of the day to inform the spa desk and see what could be done. I do fully understand that there is a 24hour cancellation policy and for this reason I did attempt to reschedule my appointment for a later time that day or the next ensuring the spa would still be payed for the service I booked.

I was told I could either not come in and be charged the $65 cancellation or come in at a later time for $130 massage plus an additional $65 for moving the appointment. So to put things into perspective, the spa has made it less costly to avoid their business altogether than to be reasonable and understand that people have jobs and children and sometimes unplanned situations arise.

Upon being told this, I was further encouraged by the manager Katherine to rebook for the additional fee, making my $130 massage over $190 to come in a few hours later because of a circumstance that was completely out of my control.

I understand the position of the Parkside not wanting to lose money on the appointment, but for a business to care so little about the circumstances of a guest left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Although corporate, both the Willowstream and Delta spas have provided indefinitely better service with kindness and attentivness and a manger that was not condescending when speaking with me. I will not only be avoiding the Parkside myself, but will be advising all of my local friends and family, and my Tourist client base to take their business somewhere that will not try to gouge every penny they can. If this is the way they treat a local, I can only imagine how they would be with a visitor to the city. Really disappointing.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Michelle B,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you feel that our spa team did not handle your cancellation with kind or attentive service, this is certainly not the experience we strive to provide our guests with.

Our 24 hour cancellation policy applies to both hotel reservations and spa appointments. In fairness to our business, as well as other spa clients and hotel guests, we must give ourselves a cancellation notification period that allows for a reasonable booking window to resell a cancelled hotel room or spa appointment time.

Our team is very understanding and reasonable if someone must cancel due to an emergency or illness. Unfortunately, it was never indicated to our spa team that you were faced with an emergency, and we cannot waive our cancellation fee for an adjustment in work plans given only 4 hours notice. After reviewing the situation with our Spa Manager, it is my understanding that she offered to waive the cancellation fee if your original appointment time was filled with another client and that no fee was charged to you on behalf of our team.

Kind Regards,