The Parkside Hotel & Spa
$261
$245
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
$264
$214
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$192
$180
Oak Bay Beach Hotel(Victoria)
$269
Agoda.com
2,247 results
All reviewskoi pondwashing machinerooftop gardenfull kitchenluxury suiteliving roombc ferriesbeautiful hotelsoaker tubheated floorshome away from homedowntown victoriawithin walking distancecorner suitebeacon hill parkgreat amenitiesthere is no air conditioning
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is our third time to stay at the Parkside and each time it gets even better. We stayed in A308 which is a Luxury suite with a city view. Although there is noise from Blanshard St it is far outweighed by the lights of the Parliament buildings and the museum. We enjoyed being able to see the city come to life each day. This hotel is located within walking distance to Cook St Village, Dallas Rd and most other attractions.

The Front Desk staff were very welcoming and accommodating. In particular Deb and Melissa were a delight to deal with. Nothing was too much to ask of either of these ladies and they both exude customer service.

The Spa and the variety of services and specials were phenomenal. I highly recommend massage therapy, the facials and foot/leg treatments. The ambience of the spa is soothing and the décor tastefully executed throughout. Provision of privacy is key.

Last but not least, the housekeeping staff deserve credit for the service they provide. Room cleaning is excellent. Attention to detail of room supplies and anything else you might ask for is promptly attended to. I would like to make mention that we did switch suites to be facing Blanshard St and on the day of moving our food supplies were stored in the hotel banquet fridge. Upon returning to the hotel a member of the housekeeping staff saw us coming in and immediately came to tell us that our luggage and food supplies were moved to the new suite. Not only was the food moved, it was placed in the refrigerator. I am sorry I don't recall this lady's name but was very impressed with her efforts.

Parkside has been under new ownership for a year and many improvements are evident throughout the hotel. The plan to open a restaurant in the future will be a great addition.

Thank you to all for making our stay so enjoyable. (Feb 18- 27th)

Sincerely

Darlene W

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NoraNora
ParksideHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Parkside Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your great review of The Parkside Hotel & Spa! We are so happy to be able to welcome you back for the third time! We are so thrilled to hear each time you come your experience gets better and better. Thank you for your excellent acknowledgement of our friendly and helpful Guest Services staff. We also appreciate your detailed recognition of our wonderful Housekeeping team! We are so happy you got the chance to experience The Parkside Spa. We thank you again for your wonderful, encouraging review and we hope to welcome you back to The Parkside soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week. It was perfect! The suites are extremely spacious, clean and have huge windows. The living area and the bedroom both have a fireplace below a tv. The bathroom floor is heated ceramic. The room was very very warm at night so we just opened the window. Considering we are downtown it really wasn't that noisy except for occasional siren.The lobby and atrium area are very nice and have lots of seating areas to relax in. The pool and changerooms were very clean and the pool was even warm enough for me :) The hot tub was nice and hot but I would have preferred more jets. We did not have the continental breakfast, although it looked ok. My husband went down one morning to check it out and was told that we need to purchase a voucher for $10 to have it. The previous 3 mornings when we walked by there was no one there to tell us this, so were we glad we didn't eat there and then find out it wasn't included. Location of hotel is an easy walk to the Inner Harbour and downtown shopping. Don't need a car but if you decide to get one there is a rental area only 5 minutes walk from hotel. Watched a movie in the hotel theatre 3 nights, it was great! Only thing I missed was having popcorn, maybe microwave popcorn could be offered, even if it cost a couple of dollars it would be nice. Staff were friendly and very helpful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of The Parkside Hotel & Spa! We are so thrilled you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the spacious and clean suites. We are so happy you got to enjoyed the hotel’s amenities, such as, the theatre and pool. We now offer movie night amenities for purchase at the Front Desk if you visit the hotel in the future. We thank you for acknowledging our friendly and helpful staff as well as, our convenient downtown location. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Our 6 night stay was great. Our suite was spacious and the theatre and pool we a hit with our kids. I loved how close it was to everything so we could walk almost anywhere we wanted. The staff were friendly and accommodating.
We will definitely stay there the next time we are in Victoria!

Stayed: February 2014
ParksideHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Parkside Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your review of The Parkside Hotel & Spa. We are so glad that you and your children enjoyed the theatre, pool, and convenient downtown location. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly and accommodating staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Parkside hotel and spa for 3 nights as a family getaway. Hotel is fantastic for families with small children (our son is 16 months) as each room has a kitchen and pull out bed.
Staff at the front desk were not very nice, same two ladies each day. Kinda rude.
Nice big pool, full service spa, gym, and movie theatre! The cafe/restaurant (tre fantastico) was great too. We got coffees there each morning and had brunch one morning. Decently priced.
Only downsides are the staff not being very nice, the water pressure in our shower was really bad and took a long time to get hot water and the bed was pretty firm.
I'd stay here again as the location is perfect (couple blocks from the museum) and overall great hotel.

Stayed: February 2014

Hello from The Parkside Hotel & Spa! Thank you for your review! We are very happy you and your family enjoyed the hotel and all the amenities it has to offer. We are quite shocked to hear about your experience with our Guest Services team. We pride ourselves on our friendly, helpful staff and would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you would like to contact our Guest Services Manager please feel free to call the hotel directly 250-940-1200 or email gsm@parksidevictoria.com. We do hope we can welcome you back soon with the utmost best customer service experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Having a Gym membership at this nice hotel, I thought I would stay the night for my birthday. The front desk agent assumed by my age that I would be a problem guest and informed me that there would be other guests in the the hotel and I would have to keep the noise down. Guests should be checked in with a warm welcome and not feel like people are jumping to conclusions about them. This jumping to conclusions is why I think they placed me in a room above the parkade entrance and next to the elevator, where my sleep was disrupted. Also, they wouldn't even give me an extra key card for the third guest in a room that can sleep up to 6. I've never stayed in a hotel that wouldn't provide an extra key card. One of my guests was not aware of the non smoking policy on the patio and was very rudely yelled at from the front entry. I could hear it from the room I was sleeping in with the windows closed. Someone could have politely phoned the suite with a friendly reminder over a very minor issue. It's not like someone was smoking in the building. Very disappointed with my birthday gift to myself. I've stayed in fine hotels and the level of service at this one is not matched to the image of the property. Kitchen floor and living room tables were also dirty. I won't be renewing my gym membership at this property.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KillinP

Thank you for your review of The Parkside Hotel & Spa. We are very displeased to hear about your experience at the hotel. We would like to assure you this is not our usual practice of service. We would like to ask you to reach out to our Guest Services Manager (250-940-1200 or gsm@parksidevictoria.com), to discuss your experience further and so we can follow up with the appropriate staff to ensure this will never happen again. We appreciate your honest feedback as this gives us the opportunity to train and teach our staff better practices. We hope we can speak to you soon regarding your stay.