Had some family business in Victoria & wanted somewhere close to downtown so I could walk.
Checked in to a suite at the Parkside Hotel & Spa - I have stayed before, but it just keeps getting better. There is now a small cafe near the lobby, where you can purchase delicious baked goods, coffees and specialty teas. In addition they offer light fare (mussels in wine etc.) and beer & wine.
My suite had an excellent view overlooking the downtown and towards the harbour. Nice little balcony to sit out and have a coffee. There is a kitchenette with coffee & tea, full fridge and kitchen basics. Nice touch was some complimentary bottled water.
The staff are friendly and helpful! It must have been an early morning, because in my groggy state I couldn't get the kettle to turn on. No problem, a quick call to the front desk sent help pronto. Wow did I feel silly when the young lady pointed out to me that it was just the cable plug in at the base of the kettle that was a bit loose…What can I say - it was early…
The bed was super comfy, nice linens. Two gas fireplaces, one in the living room & one in the bedroom. Large soaker tub in ensuite and separate bath / shower in 2nd bath.
The time prior I stayed with my kids and the pullout couch worked fine for them.
Another reason I like the Parkside is the convenience and proximity to downtown. You can walk to the museum, inner harbour and Empress Hotel within 5-10 minutes.
Looking forward to my next little getaway to Victoria already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa