I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel recently. I booked it through Hotwire, and thus did not know "what I got" until after the transaction was completed. I must say it was a very pleasant surprise! I expected a room in a decent hotel, and ended up with a one-bedroom suite (it s a time-share place). My suite was modern, clean and nicly appointed with a good sized fridge and freezer in the kitchenette, which also had a microwave, and a small cooktop. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom had heated floors :)
There were amenities available at Parkside which I did not use so cannot comment on - gym, theatre, hot tub, etc. The building itself is "green", which is impressive, and it has a lovely atrium.
I only stayed one night, but service was efficient and friendly at check-in and check-out. Secure underground parking is available at an additional charge.
I noticed that some posters complained about noise...you *are staying right downtown* in Victoria, and there is going to be the noise you can expect to hear in a city! You are just minutes' walk from restaurants and Victoria's Downtown and Inner Harbour.
I would give it a full five points, but there were two very minor issues, which are easy fixes. When I stay in a good hotel, I assume that in addition to soap, the other little extras will also be provided - shampoo, shower cap, etc. there was only soap. Expecting "the usual", I did not bring my own stuff. Also, the shower knob on the bathtub faucet did not work. I don't mind baths personally but I expect both options to be available, and I am sure this would have made other folks unhappy.
Overall, my stay was great and I would certainly stay there again. It was great to get out and walk all over Victoria's beautiul downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria