Lots of things about this hotel that I loved - the atrium, rooftop garden, and movie theatre included. But customer service was not up to par and there were a few "odd" features about our suite. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite when my sister and I took my mom to Victoria for 2 days and a night of browsing shops etc to celebrate her 80th birthday. The website says the 2 bedroom suites have king size beds. That's not true - only one of the rooms does. We found this problematic, as my sister and I have difficulty sleeping in the same bed and definitely wanted a king. When we called the front desk we were advised that it was our fault because we hadn't specifically requested two kings. Why we would specify something that was listed as standard on the website is beyond me. We were told there were no suites with 2 kings available. It was only after complaining first on the phone then in person at the front desk that they offered us a voucher for breakfast to make up for the inconvenience. I appreciated that but the initial response still irks me.
When you arrive at the hotel, there is absolutely no place to put your vehicle without blocking the underground parking. You can't get into the underground without checking in. The design of this area is very poor - my sister had to keep circling the block while I attempted to check in.
The suite itself is lovely with the exception of the fact that only one of the 2 bathrooms had a shower, and one of the bathrooms had no door. This means you have to keep the drapes closed in the bedroom, and if you're sharing with someone, you have to kick him/her out of the bedroom to have some privacy in the bathroom. Not good. The door to our bedroom squeaked and didn't close easily, so I woke my sister up when I tried to sneak out in the morning. The shower stall has no shelf to put shampoo, a razor or other items on, and there are no hooks in either of the bathrooms for your clothes or pj's or even to hang your bathing suit. It seems like they were so excited about the movie theatre they forgot about bathroom doors and shelves.
I really liked the cafe - had the chicken and eggs for breakfast and my sister had the beans and eggs - both delicious - if you're on a low carb or slow carb diet, this cafe is an excellent choice and still has all the usual baked goods available.
The swimming pool is great for swimming lengths - it is narrow and long. Perfect for me, but a family with children may not enjoy it as much. The pool was too cold for my mother. The hot-tub needed more water and more jets.
If I was going to stay in Victoria for a week and was traveling on my own, I'd definitely stay here again. I wouldn't stay here again and attempt to share a room with someone, the bathroom thing was just too weird. The toilet isn't even tucked around a corner, it's just right there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria