Villa Marco Polo Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Abigail's Hotel(Victoria)
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)
Helm's Inn(Victoria)
View Hotel
All reviewssilk roadalexandria roomb bpersia roomother guestslovely librarymulti courseevery morningamazing hoststhe penthousebed and breakfastbeautiful neighborhoodgovernment housebreakfast was deliciousromantic getawayhighly recommend staying herecraigdarroch castle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

So often a place that's "top-shelf" with regard to elegance misses the mark when it comes to the basics. Marco Polo is great in every way. The setting and amenities are so beautiful, and the facilities are dialed into so that they add up to all-around comfort. I think the highlight of our stay was the enormous, beautifully set breakfast table where *all* the guests mustered every morning at 8:30, because the food was that good. It was so fun to compare notes with travelers from all around the world and hear stories about their far-ranging travels. I'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Persia" room, which was expansive...with a giant tub and beautiful picture windows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a fantastic stay at the Villa Marco Polo Inn for two nights in August, while visiting from Colorado. When we arrived, we were greeted by Danusia, who made us feel right at home. I liked the way she sat down with us and gave us some orientation, using a map of the local area, as well as recommendations for restaurants. What a beautiful mansion this is! We were also very pleased with our room (Alexandria), which has a jetted tub in the bathroom. I have to say something about those breakfasts: they're absolutely delicious, and inventive! Both Danusia and Karolina (sp?) did a great job and we appreciated their friendly service. We highly recommend the Villa Marco Polo Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Beautiful mansion in a quiet neighborhood, but close to downtown Victoria, with lovely gardens and view of the mountains from the 2nd floor Alexandria Suite, The staff is friendly and discreet, the furnishings are perfect, comfortable beds, large modern bathrooms. 4 course breakfast, yes I said 4!---- beautifully presented and served, just enough so that you don't need lunch. And they make great coffee. It's also a very good value, the price is right! There is not one thing we did not like about Villa Marco Polo Inn. You have to try it.

Room Tip: We chose the Alexandria Suite on the 2nd floor and loved it. However, we peeked into a few of the others, and honestly, I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I think Mary-Jane H has covered everything in her excellent review but I will just add a few personal comments. We live in Newport, RI and visited Victoria earlier this month for the first time...and hopefully will return again. Finding the Villa Marco Polo was a stroke of luck and staying there was one of the highlights of our 17 day trip to the Pacific Northwest. Although we were in the smallest of their 5 rooms it was luxury all the way. The Ipod dock had lots of fine music to choose from. The bathroom is spacious and elegant, the bed linens are the nicest I've seen anywhere, all the needs of the guests are anticipated, yet you feel as if you're in someone's home and are comfortable there. Breakfasts are beyond gourmet, both in the food and in the presentation. The other guests were interesting and friendly. Clearly, this is a destination for many repeat visitors and if we were closer we'd already be planning our return to the Villa Marco Polo and the sweet city of Victoria. One of the nicest memories I can share is when my husband and I called the VMP for directions from the ferry. Liam answered and when I gave my name he said, loudly, "Elaine! Come on ahead! We're all ready for you!" I felt like I was being greeted by a valued old friend, and that's exactly how we were treated during our two-night stay. The yard is serenely lovely and I managed to get some quiet time on a lounge chair, breathing in the sweet clear air, hearing the wind chimes and the murmur of the water flowing through the decorative pool. Total relaxation in an upper class residential neighborhood, yet just minutes from downtown. Imagine yourself in Italy! Elaine and Rick

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

A very nice and charming old house with a lot of atmosphere in the Rockland area. The rooms are very nice and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. This is really a B&B to recommend when visiting Victoria. Not a surprise that it has been rated number 1 in Victoria by Tripadvisor users.

• Stayed: August 2012