“Viva La Villa”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Viva La Villa”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had the opportunity to experience Villa Marco Polo in Victoria on several occasions this year while visiting a friend in Victoria. I cannot say enough in words, how we were taken care of and enjoyed our stay. From the gorgeous flower filled foyer, the smile filled welcome to the comfort and ambience of the rooms, until we returned for dinner and found the lights mellowed and the beautiful cloche filled with signature chocolates, we felt immediately like we were wanted and treated like we were royalty.
We woke to the smell of breakfast being prepared and were soon overwhelmed with the delectible treats arriving from the kitchen swiftly and beautifully presented. Each of the courses better than the next. The well thought out coffee selection was a delight to sip while looking out on the gardens. They could not have been more picturesque and spectacular. It was obvious to us someone has seriously spent time taking great care in keeping the theme and elegance throughout the property.
Later in the day we spent time with one of the Inn keepers, (Danusia) she spent a good deal of time helping us plan our day and evening. The day was perfect and the dinner was magical. We cannot say enough about the people and the Inn.....KSB

Room Tip: Ask the Innkeeper for advise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We spent three nights at this fabulous B&B. Liam and his staff were more than attentive and paid attention to every detail. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and romantically appointed. The atmosphere is one of peaceful elegance, just what we needed for the perfect getaway. The multi-course breakfasts are a culinary experience. We highly recommend this wonderful establishment and will be back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on our first ever trip to Victoria. Villa Marco Polo could not have been more perfect. We had two great nights of sleep in a quiet, beautiful room (Alexandria) and the food was beyond our expectations! Liam had lots of suggestions of things to do and places to eat and they were all great. The amenities were fabulous from the soaps to the bedtime chocolates. We would love to stay here again and will not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with any of the rooms!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, BC
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Three to four times a year my partner and I steal away to our special place. Villa Marco Polo in Victoria BC is that special place. We rent the same room every time, The Silk Road. The timeless elegance of this inn makes one think of Europe. The innkeeper, Liam Morton, is part of the draw. Urbane, witty, service-oriented; for Liam, it is all about creating an experience for the guest. Little remembered touches that speak to paying attention such as flowers, chocolates on the pillow, and reserving one of our favourite restaurants. The inn envelops you, wrapping you in a splendid suspended sense of well-being. The rooms are meticulously well-appointed. The sheets are soft, the beds are comfy and our room, Silk Road, has a huge fireplace we always make use of (hello romance). Breakfasts at the inn are an event. Typically 3-4 course and over-the-top delicious. We usually find our next meal is dinner. If you want an escape, just for a few nights or a week or a special occasion, Villa Marco Polo could become "your special place" too. Suzan & Elliot

Room Tip: Silk Road is our favourite!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keyboardscribe
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 30, 2012

There is no way I will be able to explain how much I love this place. I can honestly say that I have never stayed any place I have loved as much as this. Where do I start?

My husband and I spent four nights here (actually we had only reserved three nights, but I couldn't stand to leave so soon. We were very lucky to be able to book a fourth night in our Persia room). Every morning we were served an amazing four-course vegan breakfast. (Something different and equally amazing every day!) I am a vegan, and the fact that they are happy to accommodate special diets was the first thing that drew me to this place. I actually did a Google search for "vegan bed and breakfast Victoria B.C." and that was how I discovered this gem.

Danuisa and Wanja were so wonderful and friendly. One or both of them greeted us every morning with a smile. I don't know how they did everything they did. I swear they were like ninjas...while we ate breakfast our bed was always made, trash was emptied, and everything was tidied. When we left in the evenings, even if for just 20 minutes, we'd come back to a turned-down bed with chocolates and a light on in our room. This was impressive to me!

I loved the complimentary Amarone della Valpolicella in the library. Speaking of the library, wow! What a fun place to hang out! I can't think of one negative thing to say about this place. Perhaps that's why I was also unable to find anything less than a five-star review of it while doing my research beforehand. "Exquisite" really is the best word to describe this place.

Thank you Danuisa and Wanja for such an enjoyable and memorable stay! I have already told my parents that they have to come here, my Facebook friends that this was my favorite trip I've ever taken, and will continue to highly recommend Villa Marco Polo every chance I get! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tofino, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2012

It's our 3rd visit in Victoria, I must say it was the best!First, the first time that I had a sleeping time for 12 hours in 3 years I guess. The place is so relaxing and peaceful. We just stayed for an overnight but seems like we had a 3 days stay as far as positivity is concern. Teh breakfast is so amazing, I love the muffin so much and my boyfriend loves the egg with veggies, the smoothies are the best. We had so much for breakfast as I think it's a 4 course meal. we actually thought that after the appetizer and the muffin with the tea and smoothies breakfast is done, we are already heading back to our room to get our things because we are alsoa bout to check out when, Danusia told us that there are still some more food to eat. We are so surprised. Opppsss, before I forgot when we get back to the villa after our dinner, so amazed as they have turn down service, so lovely as the bed is already prepared for sleeping with some chocolates to enjoy. I can not consider the Villa is just B&B's, it's above standard of being one. Especially the staff. Becasue at the end of the day what important is how the staff treated the guest and it is really FANTASTIC.

Thank you so much Wanja, Liam and Danusia. We will definitely go back to the Villa, that's for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aferei
Geneva
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We had a great stay at the Villa and would highly recommend it. Liam and Danusia were the best hosts with valuable tips for things to do, and foodie's all around!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Alexandria
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple