“extraordinary b&b!”
Review of Fairholme Manor

Fairholme Manor
Ranked #5 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

we had the time of our lives at fairholme manor! sylvia, the owner, is absolutely amazing and took great care of us. everything about our stay was perfect - the rooms, the decor, the breakfast...all of it was fantastic! we are looking forward to being back there again soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Elegant property on estate grounds right in Victoria's most historic neighborhood with views of the water...the most comfortable beds....and breakfasts worth the stay....all local and organic ingredients artfully prepared and served in a sumptuous dining room...it was hard to leave....

Room Tip: Ask for the Penthouse suite
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed twice at Fairholme Manor , most recently there were 4 of us including our son and daughter. It is THE BEST inn we have ever stayed in. Its a beautifully restored house , tastefully furnished , not kitschy in any way and Sylvia and Ross are amazing hosts. The gardens and the views are glorious. The breakfasts are divine. I would highly recommend it...should be the top inn in Canada in my opinion!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WinefanEdmonton
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Fairholme Manor at least a dozen times over the last three years. Whenever we stay at another B&B, the benchmark that we use for rating them is the Fairholme Manor. In all our travels, we have yet to find a place that measures up.

The breakfasts that are served are always amazingly delicious and beautifully presented (accompanied by really good coffee). The rooms are all very tastefully appointed and beautifully decorated (we've stayed in them all) - bright, comfortable and inviting. The lovely garden is a great place to spend a sunny afternoon. In addition to being very hospitable and friendly(not in an overbearing or intrusive way), Sylvia and Ross are very familiar and knowledgeable about local attractions and restaurants. If I could give more than five circles for cleanliness I would. The place is spotless! I would definitely recommend the Fairholme to anyone visiting Victoria.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I spent out 32nd anniversary there at Christmastime, 2010. Our room was absolutely gorgeous! First rate in every way. The lovely owner, Sylvia, is very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast (we were able to sit at our own little table) was beautifully presented and delicious. She even has a recipe book, which we bought, with large, color photographs.
Sylvia's husband met us at the marina where we arrived by ferry from Port Angeles, and took our luggage to Fairholme so we could freely walk around the town. We also took the bus to the beautiful Butchart Gardens, which is magically lit up at Christmastime.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I spent a lovely 2 nights at Fairholme. The owners are very friendly, the house has plenty of character and the homemade breakfasts were absolutely scrumptious! We warmly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My sister and I return to this B&B every year to enjoy a great night's sleep in a beautiful room, a delicious breakfast and a pretty walk to downtown victoria, all at a competative price. I am already looking forward to next year!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends