“Another perfect stay at Fairholme Manor.”
Review of Fairholme Manor

Fairholme Manor
Ranked #5 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We love the peaceful location, the gorgeous setting and breathtaking water and mountain views from Fairholme's beautifully appointed rooms. Sylvia and Ross are charming and gracious hosts and their breakfasts are absolutely wonderful. We appreciate the attention to detail and the lovely orchids in every room. We can't wait to return to this perfect oasis in Victoria..

Room Tip: All the rooms we have seen are lovely, but the 2nd floor rooms have the best views of water and moun...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The owners, Sylvia and Ross Main, have poured their hearts into the making of a 5 star B&B. We stayed there a week, long enough to notice any inconsistencies in service, cleaniless and experience, and I assure you there were none. We will be back. Job well done, guys!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We don't typically stay at B&B's, but Fairholme Manor was recommended by our daughter and son-in-law who stayed there on their honeymoon. Everything they said about it was true. It was a fabulous place to stay and made our trip to Victoria even more special! Our upstairs suite felt like a home away from home, sofas to relax, table and chairs to enjoy morning coffee and a balcony to sit and take in the amazing view of the water and snow topped mountains. Sylvia was warm and welcoming, making us feel like we were treasured guests. And oh the breakfast.... Every morning we were served the most magnificent meals. They were beyond perfection. I even bought her cookbook for myself and a couple more to give as gifts. We have already recommended Fairholme Manor to friends who will be visiting Victoria soon. It is a Bed and Breakfast at its finest.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I go to Fairholme twice a year for the wonderful hospitality, excellent breakfasts, and beautiful spacious gardens - all close to downtown Victoria. Sylvia and Ross always do so much to make you at home. I feel like royalty in the tastefully decorated rooms. Fresh flowers, fireplaces, home baking - it's the best!! Look at the website and you will understand...

Room Tip: Call Sylvia and she will help you decide
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Three friends and I had breakfast this morning at Fairholme Manor. We sat in the beautiful dining room, the ceilings must be 14 feet high. The gardens at this time of year are spectacular. The breakfast was fantastic. We left stuffed. There was no shortage of home made scones, and granola, fresh fruit, bagels and smoked tuna with bagels too. Fresh OJ and coffee too of course.
Sylvia is so welcoming and gracious. I wish we could go visit every weekend.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2011

An absolutely beautiful Bed and Breakfast in a gorgeous part of town. Sylvia and Russ are beyond charming and helpful. Thanks to them I discovered new and wonderful aspects of Victoria despite having grown up there! Since discovering Fairholme Manor I have returned many many times as it gives me an indulgent respite from my busy every day life. In particular, their decadent breakfast compels me to keep coming back. What a plethora of wonderful food! All you can eat homemade granola, freshly made bread, 18% yogurt, fresh fruit etc as well as an ever-changing gourmet main....freshly made crepes...eggs benedict...mmmm

I loved this place so much that I returned with my family (who loved it also!).

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husband and I recently spent three days in Victoria BC. We stayed at this charming B&B and we loved it. Even though it is only a 20-25 minute walk or a 5-7 drive to the downtown waterfront, the impression that we had was that we were not in the city. There is a lovely public garden next to the house as well as the lovely property that surrounds the house, providing scenic views from all the windows. We had a one bedroom suite with a kitchen, fireplace and separate entrance. We had a wonderful breakfast every morning, as the owner is a talented cook. (She has a cookbook for sale with many of the recipes that she uses for her guests. The owner will also supply wine, fresh flowers, massages, etc. as well as lots of advise about things to do, and restaurants to visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple