“Gorgeous location with the loveliest, most accommodating owner.”

The Lodge at Weirs Beach
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We rented the whole house for our wedding reception of 30 people. After the wedding, we and several of our guests spent the night.

I can't overstate how much we loved this place. The view is amazing, the house immaculate and tastefully decorated, the landscaping very appealing. We got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful it was. Marg - the owner - was wonderful to work with: so flexible in working with our decorating ideas and the needs of our caterers.

After investigating all of the usual wedding venues in Victoria, we found the Lodge to have by far the most character for the best value. As well as the very reasonable price of the venue itself, it was great to be able to throw a party where we could choose our caterers and bring in our own alcohol.

My husband and I stayed in the Copper Moon room and were treated to a perfect view of the sunrise over the ocean.

We will certainly be going back, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to throw a party or to have a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank thegoodthings

Reviewed May 22, 2009

I spent my 50th birthday weekend at the Lodge at Weirs Beach, with a group of special family and friends. The facilities were first rate - comfortbable, clean and welcoming. I was particularly impressed with the very well equipped kitchen and with the spacious and functional common areas. The setting was truly spectacular - we all felt a great sense of peace and healing for the whole weekend. Highlights were a custom yoga class just for us, and watching a pod of orca's swim by one early morning from the hot tub! I will treasure my memories of that weekend, and certainly plan to return!
Kate Irving (Victoria, BC)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank SheilaVictoria
Reviewed May 22, 2009

The Lodge reflects the owner's spirit and personality and offers a welcoming, calming experience. With the opportunity to also benefit from an amazing Thai massage or to participate in yoga geared toward all levels, combined with direct access to the beach and a lovely beach walk, be prepared to feel pampered and very relaxed. Request breakfast and/or cook for yourself in the group kitchen or visit the nearby Mychosin Restaurant. Hot tub is a bonus, under the moon and stars. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LJLCalgary
Reviewed May 21, 2009

A nice place for a quiet stay (on the beach), close to Victoria with a number of nice golf courses in the area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank RobLuv
Reviewed May 21, 2009

As a person that works in the City and leaves only to go to even larger Cities for work, this is the perfect getaway. It is a nice drive from the Ferry in Victoria and when you arrive to see the views and the wilderness you forget about all the work and stress in the City. The hot tub with a glass of Champagne is fantastic. The view of the Ocean and the sound of the birds reminds me of New Years resolutions to take care of myself, and here, I really do!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank VancouverLad78
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Thank you for a wonderful stay. What an amazing place!! Everything was just perfect: the lodge right on the beach, the room with a spectacular view of sunrises and Mt.Baker, the new owner Marg's caring attention and assistance, the ambiance, the hot tub, the campfires in the garden overlooking the beach, and finally the beach itself -sandy and beautiful. It's one of the most relaxing and breath-taking places I've ever traveled to. It's hard to believe that it's part of our beautiful BC and so easily accessible - one travels to jewels like this abroad! We'll be back for sure. Highly recommended. Annette with Family.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank ManzanitaAnia
Reviewed April 19, 2008

A wonderful healing experience. I didn't know what to expect when I booked my trip, but it went above and beyond my expectations. Whether sitting in the hot tub, wandering around the gardens or beach, or just sitting in front of the fire place in my room ... it was great and would highly recommend it to any one.

Stayed: April 2008