The Lodge at Weirs Beach
English Inn(Esquimalt)
Surf Motel(Victoria)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubwisteria roomorca spiritshared kitchenocean viewanother guestloved our stayother guestsromantic getawayliving roomtwo nightsmargheronsweddingaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The facilities and accomodations were absolutely amazing! The interior of the B&B was very luxurious and flower and zen gardens in the massive yard are just beautiful. There are amazing mountain views and a great sandy beach which is only steps away. Watching the sunrise while sitting in the hot tub was just heavenly! I also enjoyed the space in the yoga studio and really enjoyed the activities of the weekend retreat. Thanks so much Marg for your incredibly warm hospitality and taking care of our every need.

Room Tip: There is an amazing room on the second floor that has a balcony that overlooks the ocean and has a huge bathtub.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I would highly recommend this absolutely gorgeous retreat space. It's right by the beach, with beautiful ocean views and gardens, and a lovely yoga/meditation room. Marg, who runs the place, is so welcoming and warm and will make you feel right at home. You won't want to leave! - Chloe Oliver

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
MargLachmuth, Owner at The Lodge at Weirs Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for your comments! We try to do our renos and maintenance during off season, but sometimes we need the warm sunny days of summer and thus avoid the rain! Thank you for your understanding - the construction is complete, and once again the venue is very peaceful. I hope that you can return to experience the changes!

Sincerely, Marg

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was so impressed with this lovely BB. On the Saturday morning my friend and I woke up and attended the yoga class that was offered it was the perfect activity to set the day! The Lodge has a full kitchen, BBQ, amazing ocean views and a hot tub that faces the beach. This BB is Victoria’s best kept secret. Make sure you book early!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Funky_gurl5
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is a beautiful peaceful lodge/ guest house, offering just a few rooms, which makes it intimate.

Full kitchen facilities is a bonus if you like to bring your own food an cook. The jacuzzi outside overlooking the ocean is a great highlight, as is the beach just at the foot of the house.

Marg, the owner, is a wonderful person, kind and generous. She lives right next door, but not within the same lodge, so you get your own space.

Cozy with several fireplaces, large TV and nice country style decor.

We also took one of Marg's yoga classes and it was wonderful.
I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Weir's Beach Lodge was an amazing venue for my wedding in August 2010. Marg (the owner) answered any questions I had regarding the lodge -which were many because I was planning the wedding all the way from Australia.

The lodge is stunning, and the website description and photos are accurate. What you see is what you get, and it's amazing:)

I received nothing but fantastic feedback from all my guests about the lodge - many said they would love to return there in the future for their own holidays, which shows that it didn't only grab my attention but touched many.

As mentioned before, Marg was a great help before and after the wedding. She even helped drive home some of the wedding guests who missed the shuttle bus, which is unheard of at any B&B's I have stayed at before. She goes above and beyond a typical owner and deserves all the high recommendations people give her. I wish her all the best for the future and I hope to return there for a visit soon.

Megan and Andrew Shaw